Expert Advice on Photo Editing from Family Tree Magazine
Are you at a point in your family history research where you’ve scanned old family photos but “they need some work”? How about resizing, cropping, removing blemishes and more? Well did you know there’s an online workshop geared specifically towards genealogists offered by Family Tree University?
TODAY ONLY! Save $20 on Photo Editing for Genealogists Live Course at Family Tree Magazine. “Learn how to preserve, repair and archive your old photos digitally in this week-long genealogy workshop. You’ll get step-by-step instructions for using photo editing tools on your favorite family photographs, how to create cool effects, how to restore cracked, faded and damaged family photos. By the end of the week, you’ll have photographs you’ll be proud to show off!” Regularly $129.99 USD, now just $109.99 USD when you use promo code PHOTOS20 at checkout! Click HERE for more information – via Family Tree Magazine
For genealogists, our family photos are a precious resource– and yet we have to contend with the less-than-optimal conditions they’ve been kept in. Yellowed, darkened, or faded photos, torn corners, scratches, and other signs of age can be corrected for, thanks to the wonders of modern technology! Learn how to restore your family photos using basic online and digital editing tools in this 1-week workshop, taught by Nancy Hendrickson. By the end of the week, you’ll be seeing great results!
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Tips for scanning and digitizing your old photos to make them easy to work with
- How to correct common problems that arise, from working with fragile photos to correcting color and healing damage
- How to enhance your composition with cropping
- Step-by-step editing that will turn dull, boring photos into vibrant memories
- How to use specific photo editing tools, from free photo apps to Photoshop Elements and PicMonkey
- How to turn your old photos into works of art
Benefits to taking this workshop include:
- Six 30- to 60-minute video classes on how to edit and preserve your old photos digitally
- Get advice from Nancy Hendrickson on using various photo editing tools and techniques
- Unlimited viewing: Your all-access pass gets you into the workshop all week—you can even download the videos to watch again later or view ones you missed!
- Make your own schedule: Because the classes are pre-recorded, you don’t have to show up at a specific time to catch the ones you want
- Discussion boards: Ask questions and share ideas to apply the research strategies you learn.
- Convenience: Log in anywhere you can connect to the internet, at whatever times work for you.
- Value: You’ll get 6 video classes, each valuing at $40, all for one low price, plus instructor access!
Click HERE to get started and don’t forget you MUST use promo code PHOTOS20 at checkout to save!
* Use code PHOTOS20 at checkout to apply the discount. Sale ends July 14, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.