Access RootsTech Sessions When and Where You Want
[Editor’s Note: I just received the following press release from FamilySearch containing an early release of the RootsTech 2019 Live Streaming Schedule. I am a paid speaker and an ambassador for RootsTech this year. Please read full disclosure information below. ]
We’re excited to announce the RootsTech virtual pass! With the virtual pass, you’ll have access to 18 online recorded sessions from the conference. You can watch playbacks from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone device whenever and however you’d like – all for just $129!
The virtual pass is perfect for any genealogist who is unable to travel to Salt Lake City and attend the conference in person. Already planning on attending but want access to more content? Add the virtual pass on to your existing registration for only $79!
Save money and further your family history skills? Now that’s convenient.
3 Reasons to Consider a Virtual Pass
Learn at Your Own Pace
The virtual pass allows you to soak up knowledge and improve your family history skills on your own time and at your own pace. Watch your favorite sessions multiple times. Pause, rewind, and take notes to ensure you get the most from every session.
Eliminate the cost of travel, lodging, and transportation. Not to mention, paying only $129 to see 18 of the world’s best genealogy presentations is a pretty sweet deal.
Made for Your Lifestyle
We understand that life is busy and that you can’t always spend all day doing family history (wouldn’t that be great, though?). The virtual pass was built to accommodate your busy schedule. Pick and choose the sessions you want to watch, and access them whenever you’d like for an entire year.
What Classes Are Included in the Virtual Pass
- Chromosome Mapping for Absolute Beginners—Jonny Perl
- Must-Use U.S. Records at Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, findmypast, and MyHeritage—Sunny Morton
- A Deep Dive into Understanding Your DNA Results—Blaine Bettinger, Angie Bush, Jonny Perl
- The Surname Is Key: History of Surnames and Conducting Surname Research in Germany—Dirk Weissleder
- One Touch Genealogy Research: Handle a Record Once—Thomas MacEntee
- You Need Both! Uniting DNA and Traditional Research—Angie Bush and D. Joshua Taylor
- Chromosome Mapping Tips and Techniques—Blaine Bettinger
- Deeper Analysis: Techniques for Successful Problem-Solving—Elissa Scalise Powell
- The Magic of German Church Records—Katherine Schober
- My Ancestors Are from Germany, and I Don’t Speak German—Tamra Stansfield
- When Details Disagree: 8 Ways to Resolve Conflicts—D. Joshua Taylor
- 20 Hacks for Interviewing Almost Anyone, and Getting a Good Story—Joanna Liddell and Karen Morgan
- Going Dutch: Finding Families in Online Records of the Netherlands—Daniel Jones
- Beyond the Mists of Time: Sources for British Medieval and Early Modern Genealogy—Nick Barratt
- The Combined Power of DNA, Records, and Family Trees—Jen Baldwin, David Nicholson, Diahan Southard
- The Genealogist’s Google Search Methodology—Lisa Louise Cooke
- Jewish Genealogy: How to Start, Where to Look, What’s Available—Lara Diamond
- Slave Traders, Speculators, and the Domestic Slave Trade—Kenyatta Berry
How the Virtual Pass Works
Purchase the Virtual Pass
Purchase the digital pass by going through the registration process. When you are asked which pass you would like to purchase, select RootsTech Virtual Pass, and complete the transaction. Please remember the username and password you use to set up your account.
Log In and Enjoy Recorded Sessions
Session recordings will begin posting 10-15 days after the conference. You will receive an email alerting you when the videos are available to view. Simply log in to the Virtual Pass page, and select the sessions you want to watch.
Access Content When You Want
You will have playback access for 12 months from the date the videos post. Watch and rewatch as many times as you’d like!
RootsTech, hosted by FamilySearch, is a global conference celebrating families across generations, where people of all ages are inspired to discover and share their memories and connections. This annual event has become the largest of its kind in the world, attracting tens of thousands of participants worldwide.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.