The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Wednesday, September 19th, 2018:
FREE Day of Quality Genealogy Education Offered by Board for Certification of Genealogists and Legacy Family Tree
Top genealogists Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, Elissa Scalise Powell, Rebecca Whitman Koford, Thomas W. Jones, and Judy G. Russell will present five one-hour lectures held at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City Friday, 19 October 2018 between 9 AM and 4:30 PM mountain U.S. time. The lectures are free and open to the public (registration is not required), and sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- 9:00 AM – “Past Conflict Repatriation: The Role of Genealogists and Methodology in Fulfilling Our Nation’s Promise” Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG
- 10:30 AM – “Deeper Analysis: Techniques for Successful Problem Solving” Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
- 1:00 PM – “John Jacob Kramer: Case Study of Mistaken Identity among Revolutionary War Soldiers” Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG, CGL
- 2:15 PM – “Using Indirect and Negative Evidence to Prove Unrecorded Events” Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL
- 3:30 PM – “The Discriminating Genealogist: Telling Good Evidence from Bad” Judy G. Russell, CG, CGL
All five classes will be broadcast online by BCG’s webinar partner, Legacy Family Tree Webinars. For more information, please visit abundantgenealogy.com or click HERE to read the announcement in its entirety.
Having Trouble Keeping Up with All the Genealogy Webinars?
I want to point out a FREE resource created and managed by our friend in genealogy Dear Myrtle called Geneawebinars! If you haven’t visited geneawebinars.com then make sure you check it out at least once a week! There you’ll find listings for upcoming webinars – many of them are FREE – plus the Calendar feature displays an entire week’s list of upcoming webinars with links to register.
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with Genealogybargains.com? Each day they scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights:
- Buy 1 Get 1 Sale on Genealogy Video Downloads at Family Tree Magazine!* “Do you want to take your genealogy research to the next level but you’re not sure where to start? Family Tree Genealogy Videos have you covered! With 420+ to choose from on the topics that matter most — from demystifying DNA and preserving vintage photos to mastering Ancestry.com and sorting through immigration records — there’s a video to get you on the path to success!” No promo code needed – sale valid through Sunday, September 23rd.
- End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD!For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.