The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Tuesday, October 16th, 2018:
National Family History Month in Full Swing!
Well, all the chatter online and in the media yesterday seemed to be all about the Elizabeth Warren DNA test results. Today we’ll turn our focus back on National Family History Month which is October here in the United States.
Remember that Family History Month is like the genealogists’ version of “sweeps week” on television: there are usually BIG announcements by genealogy vendors, many newspapers and television news shows will feature segments or articles on genealogy, and there are AMAZING sales available! Check out Abundant Genealogy for the latest deals and remember NOW is the time to stock up on holiday gifts either for yourself or your friends and family.
Finally, there are usually some great contests and giveaways during Family History Month. Over at Genealogy Bargains, check out the AncestryDNA Test Kit Giveaway and you could win an AncestryDNA Test Kit valued at $99 USD! This is a VIRAL contest which means the more you share the contest on social media, the more entries you receive which increases your chances of winning. Contest ends on Thursday, October 18th so hurry and enter today!
What’s On Your Genealogy Gift Wish List?
I posted this question over at one of my Facebook groups yesterday and the response has been amazing: What genealogy-related item would you most like to receive this Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Festivus?
Now is the time to start formulating your wish list and then drop “hints” to your spouse, partner, parents, children, grandkids, etc. Don’t forget that very often family members don’t know what we use in terms of products and services when it comes to genealogy research OR they don’t know what we already have!
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with Genealogybargains.com? Each day they scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights:
- TODAY ONLY! FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations by Amber Richards – “Do you value your family pictures and photographs? Then, this is a must-read guide for you! Don’t risk losing forever these irreplaceable treasures. Our family pictures are priceless, a visual record of memories and loved ones. They deserve and require special care to guarantee they will still be around to pass on to the next generation. Many who enjoy family genealogy also have amazing collections of vintage family photos that need extra care in order to preserve them. Learn how to take the practical steps to protect your family photos, both the physical prints, and digital formats. Ensure that your treasures will survive and you don’t face the tragic loss of these pictures. Download your copy now.” Print version $9.75, Amazon Kindle version is FREE – usually these are ONE DAY ONLY sales so get yours now!
- AncestryDNA just $69 USD plus FREE SHIPPING via Amazon! This is an amazing sale for AncestryDNA on Amazon and it is running in conjunction with the AncestryDNA Family History Sale announced earlier today (click HERE for information.) Pay just $69 USD via Amazon PLUS get FREE SHIPPING if you are an Amazon Prime member!
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.