The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Thursday, November 15, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Thursday, November 15th, 2018:
Why I Use MyHeritage to Improve My Family History Research
Very often in my travels and online I am asked “What Do YOU Use for Genealogy Research and Brick Wall Breakthroughs?” here’s what I tell them . . . MyHeritage! As you can imagine many genealogists will ask me questions and want to “pick my brain” in at lectures and on Facebook or other social media. This is another aspect of my job that I love since it gives me an indication of the current issues for genealogists and family historians. One question I get frequently: “Should I be using MyHeritage?” or “What’s the best site to use if I have European ancestry?” or “Why do you like using MyHeritage?”
Read the extensive post at Abundant Genealogy today and also take advantage of an EXCLUSIVE offer to save 50% on MyHeritage.
Trouble Finding Those Female Ancestors? The Archive Lady Offers Help!
The Archive Lady is a bi-weekly series of article written by professional archivist Melissa Barker and published at Abundant Genealogy. This week, she responds to a genealogist’s inquiry about how to locate female ancestors during genealogy research. Head over to Abundant Genealogy to read Melissa’s advice and view some great photos related to Melissa’s Tennessee female ancestors!
NEW Italian Records Collection at FamilySearch
FamilySearch—the largest genealogy organization in the world and one that offers FREE access to content—just announced that it has made available over 150 million Italian historical genealogical records for FREE! This is the largest online collection of its kind! The unprecedented initiative is the result of collaboration between FamilySearch, the Italian government, the Italian State Archives (Direzione Generale per gli Archivi or DGA), and many other archives. The free collections include over 200 years of digitized images of birth, marriage, death, and other significant family history records from all regions of Italy and many other repositories. Search the free Italy collections online at FamilySearch.org. Get the details and tips on how to research your Italian ancestors over at Abundant Genealogy.
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with Genealogybargains.com? Each day they scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights:
- Save $10 at Wal-Mart on orders over $35 – even gift cards! This is an amazing offer since it even works on Wal-Mart Gift Cards! Visit GenealogyBargains.com for the special link and promo code!
- MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price. Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only*. The normal price is $250.74 USD and you’ll pay just $125 USD for a full year’s access
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.