The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Saturday, September 15, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Saturday, September 15th, 2018:
Did You Miss The Big News on English and Welsh Records This Month?
It can be so easy to lose track of announcement about new resources in the genealogy community! Did you realize that last week there were TWO big announcements about millions of new records for researchers of English and Welsh family history?
- New Historical Records on FamilySearch: Week of September 10, 2018: This week FamilySearch debuts over 1 million indexed records from England and Wales from the National Index of Wills and Administrations, 1858-1957. Many colleagues have told me that they’ve already made great breakthroughs in their research with this information. Visit abundantgenealogy.com and search for “Family Search” to access the link to this FREE record set!
- Findmypast Announces Release of Over 53 Million Indexed Electoral Registers (England & Wales): Earlier this month, Findmypast release a HUGE new record set of electoral registers covering the 1920s and early 1930s for England and Wales. This release is important due to the destruction of the 1931 census of England and Wales. Remember you can search for free at Findmypast, but you will need at least a 1-month subscription to actually access records. Good news! Findmypast is running a huge 50% off sale on all subscription packages! So visit today’s post at genealogybargains.com and save on a 1-month, 6-month or 1-year package and learn more about your British and Irish ancestors.
Hispanic Heritage Month Begins
National Hispanic Heritage Month here in the United States runs from September 15th through October 15th each year. In the past it has not been very easy to access records related to Hispanic research, let alone educational materials on how to research Hispanic genealogy and family history.
Right now through the end of September, Family History Magazine is offering 65% off their Hispanic Heritage Research Collection with eight different resources covering Mexico, Central America and Latin America. Regularly $70.96 USD, you pay just $29.99 USD and the best part? All of these resources are digital so there’s no shipping! Check out our link at genealogybargains.com to access this deal while supplies last.
FREE EBOOK Guide to Wolfram Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research
My best-selling book, Guide to Wolfram Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research, offers an insider’s look at this amazing (and FREE) “computational knowledgebase” that genealogists can leverage to assist with their research. Want to know the historical value of $1 in 1910? Wolfram Alpha has the answer. Want to know all the nicknames for the given name Elizabeth? Wolfram Alpha has the answer. What about the weather conditions on a specific date and in a specific location. Yep, Wolfram-Alpha to the rescue!
Visit Abundantgenealogy.com to get your copy in both Amazon Kindle and PDF formats. AND if you want to access ALL the FREE GENEALOGY RESOURCES at Abundant Genealogy including all of our recent Friday Free Downloads, click Free Genealogy Resources on the menu at Abundant Genealogy.
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with my other site Genealogybargains.com? Each day I scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights from today’s posting:
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up to 68% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon every day and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $31.99 USD!
- End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD!For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY!
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.