The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Monday, October 1, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Friday, October 1st, 2018:
A Quiet Start to Family History Month
I hope you had a good weekend and I want to welcome you to National Family History Month! In addition, October is also German-American Heritage Month and Italian-American Heritage month.
This year’s celebrations seem to have started off rather quietly . . . no big announcements and no big sales. As the weather turns cooler here in the Northern Hemisphere, expect to see more online activity in the genealogy community including a focus on search resources and research methodology.
How do you plan to celebrate Family History Month? Have you considered gathering your current research into a format that you can share with family and friends? Remember that the Christmas holiday is not too far off . . . and if you want to create a family tree print or a family history book, you’ll need some lead time!
Check in at Abundant Genealogy (https://abundantgenealogy.com) for our upcoming Family History Holiday Gifting Guide with info on genealogy-related items you can create to give as gifts this holiday season.
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with Genealogybargains.com? Each day they scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights:
Save 35% on Helix DNA Test – National Geographic! National Geographic Geno 2.0 is an ancestry DNA test that helps you discover the migration paths your ancient ancestors followed and learn the details of your deep ancestral makeup. Here’s some of what you’ll get:
- Follow the route: A breakdown of your regional ancestry by percentage, going as far back as 500,000 years
- A deeper story: Reveal the anthropological story of your ancestors, from where they lived to how they migrated
- Hominin origins: A percentage of how much your DNA is similar to our ancient cousins, the Neanderthals
- Your famous relatives: Learn which historical geniuses, like Benjamin Franklin and Nikola Tesla, you might be related to
Regularly $99.95 USD, you pay just $65 USD!
Save up to 80% on Southtree Digital Conversion Services! This is an AMAZING deal right now – you can get a voucher for digital conversion services at Groupon for up to 80% off! Example: the $75 USD voucher is just $19 USD and with our special promo code below, the final price is just $15.20 USD! Southtree is a highly regarded leader in the digital conversion business and a new vendor at Groupon with HIGH RATINGS for their work converting your cherished video tapes to DVD! Select from three (3) vouchers:
- $75 USD voucher, now just $19 USD
- $150 USD voucher, now just $36 USD
- $350 USD voucher, now just $78 USD
BONUS: Right now you can use the promo code SUPER20 at checkout and save an additional 20% – you pay just $15.20 on your order at Groupon!
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.