The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Friday, November 16, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Friday, November 16th, 2018:
Are You a Good Caretaker for Your Family Stories?
Here we are less than a week before the Thanksgiving holiday, and I’ve been thinking: how safe are my family stories? And have I been a good caretaker for these family stories?
If you find yourself asking the same questions especially around holiday periods like Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, then maybe it’s time to set up a family story preservation action plan! So what do I mean? Such an action plan would set out goals, projects, and tasks making up a “game plan” to preserve and share your family’s stories.
Did you know that experts have said that it only takes three generations to “lose” a family story? This is such an important issue that I feel is ignored in the genealogy and family history community that I created a FREE new resource list entitled Family Story Toolbox. In it you’ll find a list of Family Story Tools and Apps, Family Story Preservation and Sharing Tips and Tricks, Family Story Services, Videos and Webinars, Podcasts and Radio Shows, and a Reading List.
Visit Abundant Genealogy today and take advantage of this FREE download and then get ready to preserve and share your family stories over the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend.
What Are Your Current Genealogy and Family History Projects?
I’m always curious about what other genealogists and family historians are working on when it comes to projects and tasks. Are you scanning and organizing old family photos? Are you working on a family history book to give as a gift this holiday season? Or are you just working on research and trying to locate records and ancestors?
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with Genealogybargains.com? Each day they scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights:
- FREE E-BOOK Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories. I want every genealogist to get serious about preserving and sharing their family stories, so for this weekend only, I’m making my best-selling book Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories available for free! “Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories provides you with all the information on the latest methods and tools used to capture and preserve those family stories. In addition, once you’ve learned how it easy it is to build a family archive of stories, you’ll want to share them with others using the tips and tricks provided in this book.” Free access to Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories available through Sunday, November 18th
- Save up to 89% Off 11″ x 8.5″ Personalized Hardcover Photo Books from Printerpix! Get ready for holiday gifts or stock up for your family reunion next summer! With this amazing offer at Printerpix you get your choice of:
- One 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $52.95 USD, now just $5.99 USD!
- Three 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $158.85 USD, now just $14.99 USD!
- Five 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $264.75 USD, now just $24.99 USD!
- Ten 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $529.90 USD, now just $42.99 USD!
- Fifteen 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $794.25 USD, now just $56.99 USD!
- Twenty 11” x 8.5” Personalized 40-Page Hard Cover Photo Book, regularly $1,059 USD, now just $69.99 USD!
BONUS COUPON! Use promo code SAVE at checkout and save an additional 20%!
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.