The Latest Genealogy News from Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy via Genealogy Update
Here is today’s Genealogy Update via Alexa Flash Briefing, the Player (below) and the Episode Notes (PDF below):
- Alexa Flash Briefing: Click HERE to enable Genealogy Update on your Alexa Device. If you need help setting up the Alexa flash briefing for your account, click HERE to learn more about flash briefings and Alexa skills over at Amazon.
- Player: If you don’t have an Alexa voice-activated device, use the player below to listen to today’s Genealogy Update.
- Episode Notes: The episode notes for Genealogy Update are available for the hearing impaired and for those who may want to share the information in print format. Click HERE for the current episode’s notes or read below.
Genealogy Update Alexa Briefing
Friday, December 14th, 2018
This is Thomas MacEntee with Abundant Genealogy. and here are the genealogy and family history-related items you need to know for today, Friday, December 14th, 2018:
FREE Live Streaming Schedule Announced for RootsTech 2019!
[Editor’s Note: I just received the following press release from FamilySearch containing an early release of the RootsTech 2019 Live Streaming Schedule. I am a paid speaker and an ambassador for RootsTech this year. Please read full disclosure information below. ]
Unable to attend RootsTech 2019 in Salt Lake City this year? Don’t worry! Many of the sights and learnings from the conference will be streamed live on the RootsTech 2019 home page! Join starting Wednesday, February 27, at 9:30 a.m. MST to hear from popular speakers such as Diahan Southard, Kenyatta Berry, Crista Cowan, and Blaine Bettinger. General sessions featuring keynote speakers will also be streamed. Join the conversation happening on social media using #NotAtRootsTech. Click HERE to view the free streaming schedule.
Today is Free Shipping Day – A Lucky Day for All You Christmas Shopping Procrastinators!
Sometimes good things DO come to those who wait . . . or should I say “delay?” Well, this retail holiday is only two years old so it is understandable that it flies under the radar of most people. Over 1,000 retailers nationwide are participating in this one-day sale, but genealogists and family historians get an extra treat: some free shipping offers on DNA test kits, books and webinars are going on all weekend or even up until Christmas!
- Amazon: Free Shipping for Amazon Prime Members – LINK
- AncestryDNA Australia: Free Shipping when you purchase 2 or more AncestryDNA kits – LINK
- AncestryDNA Canada: Free Shipping when you purchase 2 or more AncestryDNA kits – LINK
- AncestryDNA UK: Free Shipping when you purchase 2 or more AncestryDNA kits – LINK
- Family Tree DNA: Free US Shipping and reduced International Shipping – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Free US Shipping on Orders over $50 USD – LINK
- MyHeritage: Free Shipping if you purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits; Free US Shipping on a single MyHeritage DNA test kit when using promo code DRPHIL – LINK
What’s On Sale Today at Genealogy Bargains
Are you familiar with Genealogybargains.com? Each day they scour the Internet for new deals of interest to genealogists and family historians. Here are some highlights:
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 30% on Family Tree Factbook! “Regularly $24.99 USD, now just $11.99 USD! Sale valid through Saturday, December 15th. Use promo code FACTBOOK30 at checkout . . . click HERE for e-book version (PDF) and click HERE for print version.
That’s all there is for now in terms of genealogy and family history news. Check back soon for further updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.