The Genealogy Do-Over 2018 Topics
The Genealogy Do-Over started in January 2015 as a weekly program lasting 13-weeks. In January 2016, the format switched to one using monthly topics. I’m pleased to announce that due to popular demand, we’ll be running another cycle of monthly topics for 2018 over at the The Genealogy Do-Over Facebook group.
The Genealogy Do-Over will start on Monday, 1 January 2018, with Month 1, and the topics will be Setting Previous Research Aside and Preparing to Research. Here is the complete list of monthly topics:
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 1
- Setting Previous Research Aside
- Preparing to Research
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 2
- Establishing Base Practices and Guidelines
- Setting Research Goals
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 3
- Conducting Self Interview
- Conducting Family Interviews
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 4
- Tracking Research
- Conducting Research
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 5
- Citing Sources
- Building a Research Toolbox
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 6
- Evaluating Evidence
- Reviewing Online Education Options
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 7
- Reviewing Genealogy Database Software
- Digitizing Photos and Documents
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 8
- Conducting Collateral Research
- Reviewing Offline Education Options
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 9
- Conducting Cluster Research
- Organizing Research Materials – Documents and Photos
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 10
- Reviewing DNA Testing Options
- Organizing Research Materials – Digital
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 11
- Reviewing Social Media Options
- Building a Research Network
- Reviewing Research Travel Options
Genealogy Do-Over – Month 12
- Sharing research
- Securing research data
And stay tuned for a big announcement the last week of December – we’ll be adding a special bonus group to accompany the Genealogy Do-Over!
Join the Genealogy Do-Over Mailing List and Facebook Group
Want to be notified each month about the new topic as well as other updates involving the Genealogy Do-Over? Click here to sign up for The Genealogy Do-Over Mailing List (you can unsubscribed at any time and we never sell or share our mailing list contact info!)
In addition, if you are on Facebook, click here to visit The Genealogy Do-Over Facebook group and click Join to work with over 15,000 other participants in various do-over discussions.
The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook
Here is a listing of chapters for The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook which is now available in three formats: Print format for $6.99 (click here), Amazon Kindle format (click here) $2.99 and in PDF format (click here) for only $3.99. Get a jump start on your genealogy research for 2018 with the Genealogy Do-Over!
- The Golden Rules of Genealogy
- The Genealogy Do-Over Monthly Topics
- A Genealogy Go-Over Instead of a Do-Over
- The Genealogy Do-Over for Genealogy Societies
- Tools and Templates
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.