Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, December 31st, 2018
UPDATED 4:00 am CST, Monday, December 31st, 2018
Got Genealogy Resolutions?
It’s that time of year when many genealogists and family historians map out their plans and goals for the New Year. Over the next week you’ll find many deals here at Genealogy Bargains to help you get organized, backup your data and more . . . all to help you keep those New Year’s resolutions!
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors.” Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! – LINK
- Amazon: Save 61% on DYMO Label Maker! “Hand-held and sleek, with battery powered portability, the DYMO LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker is the perfect way to keep your home organized.” Regularly $45.89 USD, now just $17.88 USD! – LINK
NEW Genealogy Bargains!
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR DNA Rights and Wrongs: The Ethical Side of Testing, presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL, Wednesday, January 2nd, 1:00 pm Central – LINK
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Family History Writing Tools
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Give the Gift of Family History
Each of the Big 5 vendors (23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA) are still offering major savings during the holiday season compared to normal prices. Some are also offering free shipping and other incentives.
- ENDS TODAY! Family Tree DNA: Family Finder only $49 USD during Family Tree DNA Holiday Sale! Huge discounts on Y-DNA, mtDNA and bundles too! Sale valid through Monday, December 31st
- 23andMe: While the 23andMe Ancestry Service test is set at its regular price of $99 USD on its website, you can save 30% and get FREE SHIPPING if you purchase the same test on Amazon . . . you pay just $69 USD! – LINK
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- ENDS TODAY! AncestryDNA US: After Christmas Sale at AncestryDNA Get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $75 USD! Sale valid through Monday, December 31st – LINK
- ENDS TODAY! AncestryDNA Canada: Boxing Week Sale at AncestryDNA Canada Canadian residents get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $79 CAD! You save $50 CAD off the regular price! Sale valid through Monday, December 31st – LINK
- ENDS TODAY! MyHeritage: Year End Sale at MyHeritage DNA! Get MyHeritage DNA for just $79 USD plus FREE SHIPPING when you purchase two or more kits. Sale valid through Monday, December 31st – LINK
Australia: $120 AUD and free shipping for orders of 2+ kits
Canada: $109 CAD and free shipping for orders of 2+ kits
UK: £75 and free shipping for orders of 2+ kits
- ENDS TODAY! Family Tree Magazine: Take an Additional 20% Off STOREWIDE during the Family Tree Magazine Holiday Sale! Use promo code HOLIDAY20 at checkout; sale valid through December 31st – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 60% on Ultimate Family Tree Charts Bundle! 28 Templates — One Low Price! Are you looking for ways to beautifully display your family history? Look no further than the Ultimate Family Tree Charts Bundle! These decorative trees won’t replace your working genealogy charts that cram in many generations of names and dates. Regularly $74.96 USD, now just $29.99 USD – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 40% on Family Tree’s Guides to Making the Most of Ancestry.com book bundle! “Discover the secrets to Ancestry.com success and get the most out of your Ancestry.com subscription. With these two essential Ancestry.com resources, you’ll discover how to take advantage of what the world’s biggest genealogy website has to offer—and how to find answers to your genealogy questions within its billions of records.” Regularly $48.98 USD, now just $29.38 USD – LINK
- Amazon: Save 90% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine Bettinger. “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.”
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry!
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR DNA Rights and Wrongs: The Ethical Side of Testing, presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL, Wednesday, January 2nd, 1:00 pm Central – “Whose permission is needed to test a child or an adult unable to consent? Who owns our DNA? What can we disclose about a cousin who has tested? The rules of the road for the ethical challenges facing genealogists interested in using DNA evidence as part of their family history research. Learn the ethical rules that can guide us through many if not most of the situations in which we as genetic genealogists find ourselves.” Click HERE to register for free – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Legacy Family Tree Webinars: FREE WEBINAR Researching in Australian Archives presented by Helen Smith, Tuesday, January 1st, 7:00 pm CST / Wednesday, January 2nd, 12:00 pm AEDT – “There are many Australian archives for research. From local council, town, State, Commonwealth, religious, business, organisational and more. Jurisdictional responsibilities changed over time, so it is important to know when and where your ancestor was to determine which archive might contain the records you need.” Click HERE to register for free – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Hack Genealogy: Save on Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp! Register now for this ONLINE event on January 19th with DNA expert Mary Eberle and moderated by Thomas MacEntee and save $6 USD! Regularly $25.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD! – LINK
- ENDS TODAY! Hack Genealogy: 50% off ALL DNA DIGITAL DOWNLOADS featuring DNA expert Mary Eberle during Year-End Sale with promo code BYE2018 – LINK
- Legacy Family Tree: Save 15% on a Legacy Family Tree Webinars Annual Membership! Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Family History Writing Tools
Year End Sale: Save 40% on The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect!
ENDS TODAY! Save 40% off the regular price of The Write Stuff courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code RESOLVE19 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Monday, December 31st! And act NOW – the first 15 paid students receive a FREE 15-minute consultation with writing expert Lisa Alzo!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschooling, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD
- Findmypast: FREE Tree Builder PLUS Save 50% on select subscription plans! Get access to over 2.7 BILLION records at Findmypast and find more about your family history – all at a 50% savings! – LINK
- ENDS TODAY! Larsen Digital: Are you or a loved one sitting on a collection of old slides, photos, movies or other media that should be digitized and preserved? Not sure how to get started on such a project? Let the folks at Larsen Digital help with their Gift Card Sale! Now through December 31st, you can purchase one or more $50 USD gift cards for just $39 USD each! – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup! Regularly $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images!
- Amazon: Save 72% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean! Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $27.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.