Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- Ancestry: FREE ACCESS to Yearbook Records – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Discover Your Roots Summer 2018 Edition just $9.99 USD – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 52% on Discover Your Roots Collection – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Findmypast: 50% off a 1-month Ultimate British and Irish subscription – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription! – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR What’s Been Done: Using Someone Else’s Genealogy Research – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Discover Your Roots – Summer 2018 Edition – just $9.99 USD at Family Tree Magazine! This beginner’s genealogy guide has all you need to know to get started tracing your family tree and finding ancestors, from the experts at Family Tree Magazine.
With this Discover Your Roots guide, you’ll get articles about:
- 79 great genealogy websites for beginners to find family history—familiar ones like Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, MyHeritage and Findmypast, plus websites you haven’t tried yet.
- What genealogy records you should look for, and how to find them, including birth, marriage and death records; censuses, passenger lists, immigration records and more.
- The best, easiest ways to find ancestors using online family trees and the hints they give you.
- Five sites that let you create and print a frame-worthy family tree.
- How to choose the best DNA test for you, and how to figure out how you’re related to your genetic genealogy matches.
- Genetic genealogy Q&A with expert answers to common questions from DNA newbies.
- References and blank forms you can copy and fill out with family tree information, including an ancestor chart, DNA results log, and relationship chart (with average amounts of shared DNA)
Priced at just $9.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
NEW! Save 52% on Discover Your Roots Collection from Family Tree Magazine – “A complete collection of our special beginner genealogy guides-all six editions published to date-the Discover Your Roots Collection provides an introduction to starting your family history research and offers a great refresher for veteran genealogists.”
The Discover Your Roots Collection includes:
- Discover Your Roots Summer 2015 Digital Issue (Digital Download): Learn genealogy research basics through guides on using Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org, accessing historical maps and online digitized newspapers, as well as guides to finding family history clues in various genealogical and home sources. Plus, learn how DNA can help solve family mysteries. Retail: $9.99
- Discover Your Roots Summer 2014 Digital Issue (Digital Download): Use the strategies and techniques provided in this issue to interview relatives, post your family history online, organize your computer genealogy files, search the top genealogy websites, find 20th-century ancestors, write your family history and separate family fact from fiction. Retail: $9.99
- Discover Your Roots Summer 2013 Digital Issue (Digital Download): From decoding genealogy lingo and discovering naming practices to locating microfilmed genealogy records and using family Bibles, this issue provides the basics you’ll need to know to successfully research your ancestors. Plus, it includes a guide to Mocavo.com and strategies for using Google to find family history records. Retail: $9.99
- Discover Your Roots Spring 2012 Digital Issue (Digital Download): This issue is full of strategies to successfully trace your ancestors and bust through genealogy brick walls. Access tips on using photos to unlock family mysteries, creating a research plan, customizing your online searches to find your ancestors, using Twitter for genealogy and researching in the 1940 census. Plus, get city guides to family history research in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Charleston and New Orleans. Retail: $12.99
- Discover Your Roots Spring 2011 Digital Issue (Digital Download): Discover your Civil war ancestors and female ancestors, and find out whether you have royal roots. Plus, learn the basics of census research, Googling for family history information, the 101 best genealogy websites and tracing roots back to the old country in Europe. Retail: $12.99
- Discover Your Roots Winter 2011 Digital Issue (Magazine Download): Learn how to avoid genealogy scams, discover common genealogy myths and online research pitfalls, and access tips for using courthouse and cemetery records. Plus, get strategies for researching surnames, choosing genealogy software that’s the right fit for you and calculating cousin relationships. Retail: $12.99
- Discover Your Roots 2016 Digital Issue (Magazine Download): Here, you’ll find articles written by seasoned genealogists sharing how to best research your ancestors, how to make the use of online resources, tips for organizing your research and more. In addition to these, you’ll find a workbook full of forms designed to help you better plan and record your family history research. Retail: $9.99
- Summer 2017 Discover Your Roots Digital Issue (Magazine Download): In the Summer 2017 Discover Your Roots digital edition, Family Tree Magazine’s genealogy experts help you find the best old records, genealogy websites and DNA tests for starting your ancestry and family history research. Retail: $9.99
Regularly $88.92 USD, now just $32.99 USD! Sale valid through September 30th or while supplies last. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
* Advertised price valid through 9/30 or while supplies last.
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through September 30th. Click HERE to save – via fold3
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
FREE WEBINAR What’s Been Done: Using Someone Else’s Genealogy Research presented by Thomas MacEntee, Wednesday, September 5th, 1:00 pm Central – “Whether you are new to genealogy or you’ve been working on your family history for years, incorporating the research of others can always be tricky. Here’s how to develop a proven strategy to benefit from the work of other genealogists.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course at Family Tree Magazine! If you’re considering this week’s Back to School Sale at Family Tree Magazine but you’ve never taken an online course, click HERE to access Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online! This is a $59.99 USD value and you can get it for FREE! Via Family Tree Magazine
LAST DAY! Save 50% at Findmypast!* “Get 50% off a 1-month Ultimate British & Irish subscription today. Let’s find your ancestors’ stories with our exclusive records. With twice the Irish records of any other site. Discover your British and Irish roots today at Findmypast.”
Exclusive family history records:
- United States Marriages: When complete, this will be the largest collection of its type online
- UK Parish Records: The largest collection online dating back to 1538
- Irish Records: The largest collection online including 10 million Catholic Parish Records
- PERiodical Source Index (PERSI): Now the only place to access this rich resource of publications online
- Travel & Migration: Millions of passenger lists and naturalization records to trace your family’s arrival in North America
Regularly $19.95 USD, now just $9.95 USD for the first month. Sale valid through September 5th. Click HERE to shop – via Findmypast
*Offer valid for NEW CUSTOMERS only. After the initial offer period, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price unless you un-tick the ‘auto-renew my subscription’ box in the My Account section of the site.
FREE ACCESS to US Yearbook Records at Ancestry.com! It’s back to school time and this means a stroll down memory lane through Ancestry’s US Yearbook Collection. Now through September 7th, you can access up to five (5) yearbook records for FREE! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry
*Users will be able to access up to 5 records in the featured collection for free until September 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the 5 free records have been accessed or after the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using an Ancestry Membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collection, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.