Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors – CLICK HERE
- American Ancestors: FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution – CLICK HERE
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save up to 57% on an annual subscription to Family Tree Magazine – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! HB Media Solutions: Save up to 71% on Video to Digital – up to 5 tapes for just $40 USD! – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Legacybox: Save up to 64% on Photo and Movie Digitization Services – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Examining Migration & Researching Migrants in the British Isles – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Picture Keeper: Save up to 62% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
- Vitagene: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene with promo code DNA50 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations by Amber Richards – “Do you value your family pictures and photographs? Then, this is a must-read guide for you! Don’t risk losing forever these irreplaceable treasures. Our family pictures are priceless, a visual record of memories and loved ones. They deserve and require special care to guarantee they will still be around to pass on to the next generation. Many who enjoy family genealogy also have amazing collections of vintage family photos that need extra care in order to preserve them. Learn how to take the practical steps to protect your family photos, both the physical prints, and digital formats. Ensure that your treasures will survive and you don’t face the tragic loss of these pictures. Download your copy now.” Print version $9.75, Amazon Kindle version is FREE – usually these are ONE DAY ONLY sales so get yours now! Click HERE to download – via Amazon
NOTE: You do not need to own a Kindle device to take advantage of free ebooks on Amazon – click HERE for instructions on downloading free Amazon Kindle ebooks.
NEW! Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors via Amazon! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors. Each heavy duty sheet protector is constructed from acid-free and archival safe polypropylene and won’t lift print, making them great for protecting irreplaceable photos, valuable collector cards and other prized items against dirt, debris and liquid. A helpful Easy Load feature makes loading letter-size sheets into the top of the Avery Heavyweight Sheet Protectors quick and easy, saving you time and boosting your productivity, while a clear binding edge makes a professional presentation for your documents. The heavy duty plastic sheet protectors are perfect for organizing planners, schoolwork, reference manuals and more. You can even use a dry erase marker to jot down notes on your poly sheet protectors. This pack of 100 non-glare heavyweight sheet protectors provides the long-term protection your frequently used documents, reports, recipes or photos need to stay in tip-top condition.”
Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS at Findmypast. Were you successful in finding out more about your family history during the FREE ACCESS WEEKEND at Findmypast? Well, here’s a great way to continue the search – take 30% off any of the subscription plans at Findmypast! Click HERE for details on specific 1-month, 3-month and 12-month plans.
- Findmypast US and Canada: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast UK: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Australia: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Ireland: Click HERE to get started!
Sale valid through September 23rd, 2018. Restrictions apply.
LAST DAY! Save up to 65% on Legacybox “Forever Made Simple” – now this is a deal! You’ve seen the ads on Facebook advertising the Legacy Box Starter kit for $82 and they’ll scan everything you can fit in the box they send you. “Just fill Legacybox with your tapes, film, pictures, and audio. Send it in and we’ll send it back with your memories preserved on dvds and optional thumb drive.” Well, you can get that same deal for just $29.00 USD via Groupon. Sale valid through Wednesday, September 12th! Click HERE to get started – via Groupon.
Save up to 62% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 32GB Picture Keeper with 16,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $129.99, for just $49.99! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 8GB and 16GB sizes. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
LAST DAY! Convert up to 5 Video Tapes for just $40 USD with HB Media Solutions! “Did you know that 20 years is the average shelf life of video tapes? Don’t run the risk of losing the memories contained in these tapes. Memories define who we are… Got a pile of old video tapes – VHS or Beta? Video Tape to Digital transfer service is one of our most popular transfer requests. We’ll transfer them into digital copies!” For up to (5) video tapes (any format) up to two hours each, regularly $110 USD, now just $40 USD! For up to (10) video tapes (any format) up to two hours each, regularly $195 USD, now just $56 USD! Sale valid through Wednesday, September 12th. Click HERE to shop – via HB Media Solutions
Save up to 57% on Family Tree Magazine – America’s #1 Genealogy Magazine! “FAMILY TREE MAGAZINE, America’s #1 family history magazine, is the leading how-to publication for those who want to discover, preserve and celebrate their roots. It covers all areas of potential interest to family history enthusiasts, reaching beyond strict genealogy research to include ethnic heritage, family reunions, memoirs, oral history, scrapbooking, historical travel and other ways that families connect with their pasts. FAMILY TREE MAGAZINE strives to provide engaging, easy-to-understand instruction that empowers readers to take the next steps in the quest for their pasts—with a beginner-friendly approach that makes genealogy a hobby anyone can do.”
There are various options available for your Family Tree Magazine subscription:
- Print Subscription: $27 USD/year
- Digital Subscription: $19.96 USD/year
- Print + Digital Subscription: $32 USD/year
- Premium Membership: $49.99 USD/year (includes 17 year online archive of Family Tree Magazine)
- VIP Membership: $59.99 USD/year (Premium Membership PLUS 10% discount on all Family Tree Shop purchases PLUS free US shipping on any size order)
Click HERE to shop -via Family Tree Magazine
Save 55% and get Family Tree Magazine on Amazon Kindle
If you are an Amazon Kindle user, you can get an annual subscription to Family Tree Magazine for just $21.99 USD – 55% off the regular subscription price! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
FREE WEBINAR Examining Migration & Researching Migrants in the British Isles presented by Julie Goucher, Wednesday, September 12th, 7:00 pm Central – “In this presentation we shall examine the reasons for migration and focus on the individual migration groups coming to the British Isles. The United Kingdom is in an interesting position in that it sits within Europe and yet also has been a focal point of Empire, some of which influenced migrants. We shall also explore some of the research opportunities for each of those migration groups.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution presented by genealogist Kathy Kaldis, Thursday, September 28th, 3:00 pm EDT – “The countdown to the 250th Anniversary of the American Revolutionary War has begun. Becoming a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) is a wonderful way to honor and pay tribute to your ancestors who provided service during the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783). Join Genealogist Kathy Kaldis to learn about the NSDAR membership application process from start to finish.”
Click HERE to register for free – via American Ancestors/New England Historic Genealogical Society
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
The Vitagene Health Report product uses your raw DNA file from 23andme, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage. Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code DNA50 at checkout! Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.