Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- FINAL DAY! Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 71% on Cemetery Research Premium Collection – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 78% on Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- FINAL DAY! Family Tree Magazine: Save 20% on the Best Family History Projects eBook with promo code FAMILY20 – CLICK HERE!
- Family Tree Magazine: Save an additional 20% on Family Tree Factbook! – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- FINAL DAY! Hack Genealogy: Take 50% off ALL DNA Downloads during Spooky Sale – use promo code SPOOKYSALE at checkout – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees – CLICK HERE
- FINAL DAY! MyHeritage: Save during MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- FINAL DAY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 58% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 40% on ALL ONLINE COURSES with promo code SPOOKY18 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 78% on Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! ”Your DNA results are a fantastic tool in your genealogy research. In fact, genetic genealogy can be the key to breaking down pesky brick walls and find new branches of your family tree. Get the most out of your DNA results and discover how to dig deeper into your family history with the resources in this huge collection. You’ll get everything from a breakdown of the types of tests offered to how to use your results to find living relatives and common ancestors. And with a whopping 78% discount, you’ll discover a plethora of tools and techniques for understanding and analyzing your results, from GEDMatch and Evernote to triangulation and new ways to view your own tree, to solve family mysteries and break down brick walls.
Best of all, the Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection features digital products you can download right away while you’re waiting for your book to arrive in the mail; you get instant access to everything!” This MEGA Collection includes:
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy (paperback)
- Using DNA to Solve Family Mysteries (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy Cheat Sheet (digital download)
- Jump into GEDMatch (video download)
- DNA Triangulation: What It Is and How to Use It (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy: Tools to Analyze DNA Results (video download)
- Using Evernote to Track Your DNA Data (video download)
- Dealing with Your DNA Matches (video download)
- Genetic Mismatch: DNA Conflicts in Your Family Tree (video download)
- Genetic Genealogy and Y-Chromosomal Testing (video download)
- Using DNAGEDcom (video download)
- Which Test is Best? (video download)
Regularly over $458.88 USD, now just $99.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! Save up to 58% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up! Right now you can get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99 USD, for just $24.99 USD! Sale prices also apply to the 4GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Sale valid through Wednesday, October 31st. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
Save 71% on the Cemetery Research Premium Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “Cemeteries are vital sites for any genealogist’s search. In this collection, you will learn the steps of searching and analyzing ancestors’ graves. Learn how to keep track of your research, the best websites for cemetery research, surprising places to find death details, and much more. Plus, this collection contains handy transcription forms along with care and repair tips to go with expert instruction on everything you need to research an ancestor’s passing.”
The Cemetery Research Premium Collection includes:
- The Family Tree Cemetery Field Guide (Paperback): This comprehensive field guide features a number of resources for genealogists visiting cemeteries, providing an at-a-glance guide to frequently used gravestone markers and practical tips for on-the-ground research. And once you’ve returned home, this guide discusses how to incorporate gravestone information into their research, as well as how to record your findings in memorial pages on FindAGrave and upload grave locations to BillionGraves.
- Cemetery Research 101 (Video Download): Cemetery Research 101 will get you excited about exploring the final resting places of your ancestors and give you the knowledge you need to read tombstones, decipher plot maps and keep your research organized.
- Cemetery Transcription Form (Research Guide Download): Use this handy form to log locations, inscriptions and descriptions for family tombstones. Create a new sheet for each ancestor, noting how to navigate to the grave in a crowded cemetery, and specific details that make their tombstone unique or interesting.
- Tombstone Care and Repair (Magazine Excerpt Download): Do your ancestors’ tombstones look worse for wear? Give them a facelift with these simple care and repair tips.
- Find A Grave: Best Practices (Video Download): In this presentation, you’ll learn the best practices for navigating through the site, from search tips that will demonstrate how to find a grave by name and location, to adding new graves and burial information. You’ll also learn how to request photographs, submit corrections politely, cite the source, and more.
- I Seek Dead People: Tricks for Researching an Ancestor’s Passing (Web Seminar Download): In this presentation, David A. Fryxell will channel easy, surprising and creepy tricks to trace ancestral deaths. Dig up death certificates, obituaries and other more unusual places to find death details. Re-animate your relatives!
Regularly priced at $211.95 USD, now only $59.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Shop Family Tree.
THIS WEEK ONLY! Save 40% off the regular price of ALL courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code SPOOKY18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Thursday, November 1st! Click HERE to save – via Research, Write, Connect!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschooling, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
Sale valid through Thursday, November 1st, 2018.
FREE WEBINAR Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees presented by E. Randol Schoenberg – Wednesday, October 31st, 1:00 pm Central – “Privacy remains a huge issue for many genealogists and their family members. Personal genealogy websites, as well as Online Collaborative Trees available at Geni, MyHeritage, Ancestry, WikiTree, WeRelate, FamilySearch and OneGreatFamily, each offer different levels of privacy protections. The lecture will discuss the varied approaches to the question of privacy, focusing especially on legal and ethical considerations. For example, how should a genealogist respond if someone says she does not want to be on your online tree? Should minors be allowed to use online genealogy platforms? Can the right to privacy ever be reconciled with online collaborative genealogy? As genealogists increasingly utilize public, or semi-public online collaborative genealogy platforms, these questions are becoming more common. The lecture will use real-world examples to analyze the problems and proposed solutions.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ENDS TODAY! Save 20% on the Best Family History Projects e-book at Family Tree Magazine! “These simple family history projects will help you use your research in new and exciting ways, with practical tips and strategies for publishing your genealogy in a report or blog, printing decorative family trees, saving your research in the cloud and more. You can also get the whole family excited about ancestry with this eBook’s family-friendly genealogy projects for kids.”
Regularly $14.99 USD, you pay just $11.99 USD with promo code FAMILY20 at checkout! This sale is valid through Wednesday, October 31st. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
ENDS TODAY! Save 50% on ALL DNA DOWNLOADS! Special SPOOKY SALE at Hack Genealogy! Don’t miss this opportunity – get ANY DNA Boot Camp digital download for 50% off starting now through October 31st! Includes:
DNA Boot Camp
Regularly $25.99 USD each, you pay just $12.50 USD each when you use promo code SPOOKYSALE at check out!
And don’t forget this sale also applies to the new DNA Boot Camp Bundle! You get all 8 recorded DNA Boot Camps from 2017 and 2018 PLUS you’ll receive the recording of the upcoming GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence boot camp materials once they are released on November 19th, 2018! Regularly $199.99 USD, you pay just $99.99 USD with promo code SPOOKYSALE – click HERE to save!
Regularly $14.99 USD each, you pay just $7.50 USD each when you use promo code SPOOKYSALE at check out!
And don’t forget this sale also applies to the Midwest DNA Bundle! You get all 5 recorded Midwest DNA Boot Camps at one low price! Regularly $79.99 USD, you pay just $39.99 USD with promo code SPOOKYSALE – click HERE to save!
Visit http://hackgenealogy.com/features/store/ and use promo code SPOOKYSALE when you check out. Remember, this sale is valid through Wednesday, October 31st, 2018.
Save an Extra 20% on Family Tree Factbook: Key Genealogy Tips and Stats for the Busy Researcher. This convenient, time-saving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites. Read my extensive review of Family Tree Factbook HERE!
Family Tree Factbook is available in print (click HERE) as well as in e-book format (click HERE). Purchase BEFORE November 18th, 2018, using promo code FACTBOOK20 and save an extra 20% of the sale price! Regularly priced $24.99 USD, sale priced $15.99 USD. now just $12.79 USD with promo code!
* Use code FACTBOOK20 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends November 18, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
ENDS TODAY! Spooky savings during MyHeritage Halloween DNA Sale – just $59 USD! Uncover your ethnic origins and find new relatives with our simple DNA test.
- The highest technological standards meet the most affordable price on the market.
- Your DNA reveals your unique heritage — the ethnic groups and geographic regions you originate from.
- Find new relatives you never knew existed through your shared DNA.
Here are the amazing prices during the MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale:
- MyHeritage DNA US – just $59 USD
- MyHeritage DNA Canada – just $79 CAD
- MyHeritage DNA UK – just £59 GBP
Sale prices valid through October 31st. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
ENDS TODAY! Save 75% off the print version of Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide! Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Sale valid through October 31st. Click HERE – via Amazon
Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters LLC on Saturday, November 17th, 2018 as sge shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program. Mary will also walk you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. The webinars are moderated by genealogy author and educator Thomas MacEntee and Mary Eberle will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.