Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: Save up 78% on SanDisk storage including SD cards and USB flash drives! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: 31 Days to Better Genealogy by Amy Johnson Crow now available in paperback! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Locket: Save over 20% on Research Like a Pro E-Course – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 30% on ALL Downloads! – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR 10 Eastern European Genealogy Resources You Might be Missing – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: Save during MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Southtree Digital Media: Convert 3 Video Tapes to DVD for just $17 USD! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! Save BIG on Select SanDisk Storage Products – up to 78% Off via Amazon! Save on a variety of SanDisk media storage products including USB flash drives and SD cards.
SanDisk Cruzer 256GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, regularly $69.99 USD, now just $35.99 USD with FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members!
Sale valid TODAY ONLY, Wednesday, October 24th! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
NEW! Save 75% off the print version of Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide! Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Sale valid through October 31st. Click HERE – via Amazon
NEW! Save over 20% on Research Like a Pro E-course! Have you been interested in joining a Research Like a Pro Study Group, but worried about the time commitment? Perhaps the dates didn’t work for you or you were nervous about receiving peer feedback on your work. I’m excited to announce that Nicole and I are launching the Research Like a Pro E-course designed to give you the extra boost you might need in your research efforts. You’ll be able to work at your own pace and still receive valuable assistance along the way.
The eCourse includes:
- Eight webinars detailing the Research Like a Pro method (lifetime access)
- “Ask Diana” chat sessions (lifetime access)
- Private Research Like a Pro Facebook group (lifetime access)
- Printable Research Like a Pro flowchart
Regularly $125.00 USD, you pay just $99.00 USD! Sale valid through October 31st. Click HERE to shop – via Family Locket
NEW! Convert Your Video Tapes to DVD and Save Over 60% at Southtree Digital Media*: We just located this new vendor at Groupon with HIGH RATINGS for their work converting your cherished video tapes to DVD!
Select from several conversion packages:
- Convert 3 videotapes to DVD, regularly $52 USD, now just $17 USD
- Convert 6 videotapes to DVD, regularly $99 USD, now just $32 USD
- Convert 12 videotapes to DVD, regularly $188 USD, now just $57 USD
- Convert 24 videotapes to DVD, regularly $360 USD, now just $120 USD
- Convert 48 videotapes to DVD, regularly $720 USD, now just $259 USD
“In 2001, the team at Southtree converted their first videotape to DVD. By the time they celebrated their 10-year anniversary, they had transferred more than more than 5 million memories for more than a quarter-million customers onto long-lasting digital formats. Today, clients follow a simple process with services that include photo scanning, video to DVD, film to DVD, data DVD, reel to reel digital conversion, and ancient Roman scrolls into text messages about togas. The staff processes each item by hand, yielding high-resolution photos and professionally mastered DVDs. Customers should allow eight weeks from the time materials are sent to Southtree to receive shipment.”
Sale valid through Thursday, October 25th. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Now available in paperback! 31 Days to Better Genealogy by Amy Johnson Crow – “ Discover more ancestors without feeling overwhelmed. Have you ever felt you don’t have large chunks of time to devote to your genealogy or that you’re spinning your wheels with your research? Then let 31 Days to Better Genealogy ease your stress. With its foundation in a month-long course by Amy Johnson Crow that has helped thousands discover previously unknown branches of their family trees, learn insightful details about the lives of their ancestors, and make connections with long-lost cousins, 31 Days to Better Genealogy will help you learn more about your history and preserve your family’s stories for generations to come.”
FREE WEBINAR 10 Eastern European Genealogy Resources You Might be Missing presented by Lisa Alzo, Wednesday, October 24th, 1:00 pm Central – “While church registers are the most popular and useful sources for tracing most Eastern European ancestors, and civil registration of births, marriages, and deaths provide even more details, there are other record groups to be searched that may prove useful, especially in the absence of church and vital records for your locality. This webinar will discuss available, census, tax lists, land, military, and other records and how to access them.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinar
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save 30% on ALL DOWNLOADS at Family Tree Magazine! Family Tree Magazine is celebrating Family History month in a big way. Every week, Family Tree Shop will have exclusive savings and deals. The deal changes each week, so check back to see the new sale every Sunday. This week save 30% on all genealogy downloads! Prices are as marked but don’t wait, this sale ends Saturday!
Family Tree can help you grow your family tree with downloads for every aspect of your research. We continually update our downloads category to offer you the best PDFs, videos, and forms for your genealogy research. Best of all, these resources are available immediately after purchase and you can take your research on-the-go. Download resources from the experts today!
Sale valid through Saturday, October 27th, 2018. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
*No coupon code necessary. Prices are as marked. Sale ends October 27, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale excludes live courses, subscriptions, gift cards, bundles, kits, and third-party products. Sale valid on Family History Month Savings category only. Other exclusions may apply. Not valid with other offers.
Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program, AND walks you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. Mary will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Spooky savings during MyHeritage Halloween DNA Sale – just $59 USD! Uncover your ethnic origins and find new relatives with our simple DNA test.
- The highest technological standards meet the most affordable price on the market.
- Your DNA reveals your unique heritage — the ethnic groups and geographic regions you originate from.
- Find new relatives you never knew existed through your shared DNA.
Here are the amazing prices during the MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale:
- MyHeritage DNA US – just $59 USD
- MyHeritage DNA Canada – just $79 CAD
- MyHeritage DNA UK – just £59 GBP
Sale prices valid through October 31st. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Save up to 50% on pre-order of The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! This book is guaranteed to be the HOTTEST genealogy book this Fall! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream.
While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a roadmap to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family History Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.”
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.