Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- ENDS TODAY! AncestryDNA: July 4th Sale special price just $69 USD! – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Ancestry: Save 40% on Ancestry.com Memberships – CLICK HERE
- Data Backup Givaway: Enter to win a 4TB external hard drive, a one-year iDrive subscription, a $100 Amazon gift card and more – valued at $300 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Celebrate DNA: Save 15% on customized t-shirts, tote bags and mugs with promo code SUMMERDNA! – CLICK HERE
- TODAY ONLY! Family Tree Magazine: Save an Extra $10 USD on Trace Your Colonial Ancestry Bundle – use promo code COLONIAL10 – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Independence Day Sale – Save 50% STOREWIDE! – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War records! – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Will and a Tombstone to Legacy – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: FREE ACCESS to US Newspaper Records – Click HERE
- ENDS TODAY! MyHeritage: July 4th Sale – get MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! Save an Extra $10 USD* on Trace Your Colonial Ancestry Bundle from Family Tree Magazine! “Celebrate Independence Day by tracing your colonial ancestry! Regularly a steal for just $34.99, get our exclusive Trace Your Colonial Ancestry Bundle for just $24.99 with promo code COLONIAL10. Valued at almost $100, you save 74% off the total value with this one-day-only coupon. But don’t wait, this offer expires at midnight tonight!
Can you trace your family history back to the Colonial Era? This collection gives you the tools you need to do just that, with practical demonstrations and tutorials for finding using the Daughters of the American Revolution databases and researching your Revolutionary War ancestors, plus 25 tips for finding your Colonial ancestors. Plus, this all-digital collection means you don’t have to wait for delivery; you can jump into your research right away!”
Use promo code COLONIAL10 at checkout to claim your savings! Regularly $96.96 USD, sale priced at $34.99 USD and now just $24.99 with promo code! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine.
*Use code COLONIAL10 at checkout to apply the discount. Sale ends July 4, 2018, at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
AncestryDNA just $69 USD during 4th of July Sale! “This Independence Day, discover your individuality! With the largest consumer DNA network in the world, AncestryDNA can help you celebrate what makes you, you. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Get AncestryDNA for just $69 USD! HURRY since this sale only lasts through Wednesday, July 4th! Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA
Save 50% STOREWIDE at Family Tree Magazine! “Celebrate Independence Day with Family Tree! Dig deeper into your family history with a wide variety of resources for those who want to discover, preserve, and celebrate their roots. Books, DVDs, OnDemand webinars, cheat sheets, and more will help you enjoy researching your family heritage.
Plus, we are offering an unheard of discount in order to celebrate Independence Day! For four days only, save 50% storewide! No coupon necessary. Prices are as marked. Don’t wait, dig into your family history AND save 50% today!”
Sale valid through Friday, July 6th! Click HERE to start shopping – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 40% on Ancestry memberships during 4th of July Sale! “Celebrate America’s history by discovering your own! Celebrate with 40% off all Ancestry memberships and receive access to billions of historical documents.”
NOTE: This offer is only good on NEW MEMBERSHIPS ONLY! Existing Ancestry members click HERE on other offers available to save money at Ancestry!
Sale valid through Wednesday, July 4th. Click HERE to get started! Via Ancestry
FREE ACCESS to US Newspaper Records at MyHeritage! “In honor of July 4th this year, we are delighted to announce FREE access to all of our U.S. Newspaper collections for a limited time. From July 3, 2018 to July 8, 2018, we are providing FREE access to all 23,385,114 U.S. Newspaper records– no data subscription required!
Newspapers are essential resources for genealogy and family history research. In addition to providing birth, marriage, and death notices, society pages contain stories rich with information on persons of interest, as well as various community activities and events.
The U.S. Newspaper collection currently holds newspapers from the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut, Maine, New York, Kentucky, Indiana, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Delaware.”
Free access available through Sunday, July 8th. Click HERE to access – via MyHeritage
FREE WEBINAR Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Will and a Tombstone to Legacy presented by Geoff Rasmussen, Thursday, July 5th, 1:00 pm Central – “He’s just found an 18th century will which appears to solve a decades-old genealogy brick wall, but it started when he took a second look at Samuel Miller Brown’s tombstone. In this live and unscripted webinar, Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen will demonstrate what to do from start to finish with both a tombstone and a will as he adds them to his personal Legacy family file. You are invited to watch as he talks his way through using the SourceWriter, adding custom events, linking the digital images, and other tools in Legacy. Be there – live – as he finally gets to officially add the “probable son” to the family!” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
FREE ACCESS to Revolutionary War Records at Fold3! “To commemorate Independence Day, Fold3 is providing free access* to our Revolutionary War Collection July 1–15. We continue to offer everyday free access to our Constitutional Convention Records, Continental Congress Papers, George Washington Correspondence, and other archives from the founding of our nation! See the original manuscripts written with quill and ink by our founding fathers. Our Revolutionary War collection contains 22 collections with almost 5 million records!” Here’s just a few of the titles:
- Revolutionary War Rolls: The Continental Army was made up of troops provided by each colony. They formed battalions, regiments, companies or militias. There is an introduction to this collection from the National Archives, and then you can search by state and narrow down to a specific fighting group.
- Navy Casualty Reports, 1776 – 1941: This collection records both wartime and peacetime deaths of navy soldiers in the Revolutionary War and later conflicts including the War of 1812, Civil War, WWI and others.
- Revolutionary War Service Records: These are service records for soldiers who fought for the Continental Army. They are arranged under state, fighting company and then alphabetically by soldier’s name.
- Revolutionary War Prize Cases – Captured Vessels: After the US declared independence from the British, colonists were no match for the powerful British Navy. In an effort to disrupt British commerce, colonists captured British vessels. The vessels were known as prizes. These records, which are copies of the original manuscripts, are cases heard on appeal by courts from 1776-1886. You can browse them by state, case name, or by vessel name.
- Final Payment Vouchers Index for Military Pensions, 1818-1864: This is a collection of records of final pension payments made to military veterans or his widow. They shed light on where a family may have moved after the war, death dates of veterans, widows, or dependent children, and sometimes the maiden name of a widow.
Get started searching our Revolutionary War Collection today!
Free access through Sunday, July 15th – click HERE for access – via Fold3
*Access to the records in the featured collections will be free until July 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Free access requires registration for a free Fold3 account. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Fold3 membership.
Win a Data Backup Bundle valued at over $300 USD! Enter the Data Backup Giveaway at Genealogy Bargains this week and you could win an amazing Data Backup bundle! We’ll select one (1) winner on Friday, July 6th, 2018 and announce the winner over at our Facebook page. IMPORTANT: You get more entries if you follow us and like our Facebook page, and check out the deals at Genealogy Bargains!
This prize package is valued at over $300 USD and you could win if you enter by 11:59 pm CST on Thursday, July 5th, 2018. Click HERE to enter!
Save 15% on all products including customized DNA t-shirts at Celebrate DNA! Are you looking for new ways to show off your latest DNA test results? What about giving a unique gift to a family member letting them know more about their genealogy and ethnicity? Celebrate DNA helps you take DNA test results and create a wide variety of customized t-shirts, mugs and tote bags! You won’t find these designs anywhere else – take a look at their entire product line and order your t-shirt in time for your summer family reunion!
ENDS TODAY! Special July 4th Sale at MyHeritage – DNA test kit for just $59 USD! For just $69 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS received your results much faster than other companies. Sale valid through Wednesday, July 4th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.