Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- ENDS SOON! 23andMe: Summer Travel Sale – Save 30% on All 23andMe DNA test kits – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry UK: FREE ACCESS to over 30 million military records – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save up to 40% on Ancestry.com Guides – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription! – CLICK HERE
- Larsen Digital: Win a FREE PHOTO RESTORATION valued at $49.99 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Genealogical Proof for the Novice Genealogist – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “If being an organized genealogist feels like a pipe dream, this collection is for you! This collection will provide a ton of tips and strategies on organizing all aspects of your genealogy – from setting goals and creating projects to setting up paper and digital organization systems, finding the best apps and tools to keep your projects on track, and even make more time for continuing your genealogy education, volunteering, and more. Each resource in this collection offers a different perspective and new tips that you can use to create an organization system that works for you.”
WITH THIS COLLECTION YOU’LL GET:
- Genealogy organization tips, tools, and techniques
- Strategies for setting goals and creating achievable projects
- How to use spreadsheets to organize different types of family history projects
- Different types of forms, charts, and checklists to keep track of your data
- Books, videos, and plenty of downloads that cover how to organize your genealogy with different approaches
- Techniques that cover all aspects of your genealogy life – from your research to volunteering, continuing your education, and more
- Strategies for tackling family archives and treasures handed down to you
- Secrets to developing good habits so organization becomes second nature
Sold separately, you would pay a total of $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Summer Travel Sale – Save 30% on ALL 23andMe DNA test kits! If you missed out on the amazing sale prices for 23andMe during Amazon Prime Day, here’s your chance to still get great savings! During the 23andMe Summer Travel Sale, you can get the 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – a basic autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – regularly priced at $99 USD, for just $69 USD! And the 23andMe Ancestry Service + Health test, regularly priced at $199 USD, is just $139 USD! Sale valid through August 9th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe.
23andMe Summer Travel Sale for Canada and UK!
The 23andMe Summer Travel Sale is truly international with special pricing for Canada and UK residents! Use the links below to get your discounts on 23andMe:
- 23andMe Canada: 23andMe Ancestry Service, regularly $129 CAD, now just $90 CAD! 23andMe Ancestry Service +Health, regularly $249 CAD, now just $174 CAD! – click HERE to shop.
- 23andMe UK: 23andMe Ancestry Service, regularly £79, now just £55! 23andMe Ancestry Service +Health, regularly £149, now just £174! – click HERE to shop.
Get FREE SHIPPING on 23andMe at Amazon
Want to save money and get 23andMe at the same special Summer Travel Sale price (30% off) PLUS FREE One-Day Shipping? If you have an Amazon Prime membership, click HERE and order your test through Amazon!
FREE ACCESS to military records at Ancestry.co.uk this week! “Find out where your family fought, the experiences they had and the places they had them. Start your family’s WWI story today with free access to service records, medal cards, casualty lists and much more – free until 9 August.*”
Click HERE for to search – via Ancestry UK
*Note: “Access to the records in the featured collections will be free from 00:01 BST 6 August until 23:59 BST 9 August, 2018. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a username and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership.”
Win a Free Photo Restoration from Larsen Digital! Larsen Digital, a trusted media digitization company based in Salt Lake City, Utah and used by many genealogists, is offering a special Photo Restoration Giveaway now through Tuesday, August 14th! You could win a FREE photo restoration just by sending in a quick snapshot of your old, tattered photo that needs to be restored.
This prize is valued at $49.99 USD and you could win if you enter by 11:59 pm CDT on Tuesday, August 14th, 2018. Click HERE for contest rules and to enter!
FREE WEBINAR Genealogical Proof for the Novice Genealogist presented by Annette Burke Lyttle, Wednesday, August 8th, 7:00 pm Central – “How do you know if the facts you’ve uncovered are correct? How do you avoid attaching somebody else’s ancestors to your family tree? This introduction to the Genealogical Proof Standard will get your research moving in the right direction from the beginning and help you avoid errors and frustration.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through August 31st. Click HERE to save – via fold3
Save up to 40% on Ancestry.com Guides from Family Tree Magazine!* “Ancestry.com keeps growing, and the site has numerous ways of helping you expand your family tree. But where do you start researching, and how do you get around the huge and ever-changing site? Family Tree has you covered with our Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition and Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook. These two guides give you countless tips and tricks to maximize your Ancestry.com searching. First, get started with the Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition to discover hands-on knowledge, helpful hints, step-by-step instructions for your results and much more! Then, get our Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook to put the techniques you learned in the unofficial guide to practice in typable forms!”
Want to buy them both at the same time? Check out Family Tree’s Guides to Making the Most of Ancestry.com Bundle and save 40% off retail – regularly $48.98 USD, now just $29.38 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Sale valid through August 31st or until supplies last.
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.