Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- Giveaway: Win a copy of The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing from Family Tree Magazine! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save up to 67% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING plus Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- American Ancestors: FREE WEBINAR Applying for Dual Citizenship – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry: Save up to 50% on Ancestry Subscriptions – CLICK BELOW
- AncestryDNA: Save 40% during AncestryDNA Summer Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- The British Newspaper Archive: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGES – CLICK HERE
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 20% and get FREE SHIPPING on The Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com – use promo code SHIPME – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 15% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing with promo code ADOPT15 – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Untangle the Web of German Websites – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save $10 during Living DNA Summer Sale – just $89! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage DNA just $69 USD – CLICK HERE
SECRET SALE: AncestryDNA just $54 USD!
Currently, during the AncestryDNA Summer Sale, you can save $15 USD when purchasing 3 AncestryDNA kits. So, instead of paying $177 USD (which is the sale price of $59 USD each), you pay just $162 USD which works out to just $54 USD per test kit. Click HERE for the Try AncestryDNA Family Style Offer and save $15 USD! HURRY! This offer valid only through August 20th!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 20% on Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition plus get FREE SHIPPING at Family Tree Magazine! “Dive into Ancestry.com! This updated and expanded guide will show you how to use Ancestry.com, including AncestryDNA. Full of Ancestry.com tips and strategies, this complete guidebook to Ancestry.com will help you find your ancestors’ records and build out your family tree on the no. 1 genealogy website.” Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazingly helpful book!
Purchase now through August 20th and save 20%! Regularly priced $26.99 USD, now just $21.59 USD! Plus get FREE SHIPPING when you use promo code SHIPME at checkout! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save up to 67% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean!
Some advice: the Home version is really all you need and it is available in a download version (no shipping fee) or with a CD installation.
Save 67% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $33.00 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
Save 15% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing at Family Tree Magazine! “Thanks to DNA testing, it’s never been easier for adoptees, foundlings, and others of unknown parentage to find their birth families. But how can DNA tests help you connect to family, and what do your results mean? Enter this eBook: a comprehensive guide to adoption genealogy that will give you the resources you need to find your long-lost family with DNA. This eBook will cover all the basics of genetic testing, plus how your DNA results from services like AncestryDNA and 23andMe can help you build out your family tree.”
Purchase now through September 1st and save 15%! Regularly priced $29.99 USD, now just $25.49 USD when you use promo code ADOPT15 at checkout. Click HERE to order the print version and click HERE to order the e-book – via Family Tree Magazine
The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing Giveaway. Enter The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing Giveaway this week at Genealogy Bargains and you could win a FREE copy of this amazing e-book. We’ll select three (3) winners and each winner will receive the e-book version. This is a $29.99 value and you could win if you enter by 11:59 pm CDT on Thursday August 16th, 2018. Click HERE to enter!
Save 30% on The British Newspaper Archive! Get unlimited access to the British Newspaper Archive! There are hundreds of millions of incredible stories just waiting to be found. Get your subscription today to start exploring over 200 years of history. This is the PERFECT way to check out The British Newspaper Archive with over 27 million pages of historic newspapers from the 1700s to the 1950s!
There are three different packages to choose from:
- 12 Months – Unlimited pages: regularly, £6.67/mo, now just £4.67 /mo
- 3 Months – Unlimited pages: regularly, £8.64/mo, now just £6.05 /mo
- Monthly – Unlimited pages: regularly, £12.95/mo, now just £9.07 /mo
Use promo code AUG18 at at checkout if you do not automatically see the discount! Sale valid through August 25th. Click HERE to get started – via The British Newspaper Archive
FREE SHIPPING plus Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! Don’t forget that you can get the same $59 USD sale price for AncestryDNA and get FREE 1-DAY SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
FREE WEBINAR Untangle the Web of German Websites presented by Teresa Steinkamp McMillin, CG, Wednesday, August 15th, 1:00 pm Central – “The internet is offering more and more quality information for Germanic researchers. This talk will focus on collections of free digitized German materials and indexes available on the internet. Most websites presented are based in Germany, so tips and tricks for navigating them will be included. This webinar will help you expand beyond church records for your German research.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
Save up to 50% on 6-month subscriptions at Ancestry! This offer is for NEW MEMBERS only, but you can save 50% on the US and 30% on the World 6-month subscriptions!
- US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $99 USD. Click HERE to get started!
Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! “Dig into your heritage this summer! AncestryDNA has the recipe for new discoveries. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Regularly $99 USD, now just $59 USD! Sale valid through Monday, August 20th! Click HERE to save – via AncestryDNA
FREE SHIPPING on AncestryDNA via Amazon Prime
Don’t forget that you can get the $59 USD sale price for AncestryDNA and get FREE 1-DAY SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
FREE WEBINAR Applying for Dual Citizenship from American Ancestors! Presented by Rhonda McClure, Senior Genealogist at New England Historic Genealogical Society, Thursday, August 16th, 3:00 pm EDT/2:00 pm CDT.
“While most countries base citizenship on place of birth, parentage, and marriage, there are a handful of countries that also offer citizenship by descent—meaning if you have ancestors who were citizens of that country two, three, or even four generations back, you might qualify for dual citizenship! Two well-known examples are Italy and Ireland. In this webinar, Senior Genealogist Rhonda R. McClure will go over the requirements involved for these two countries, gathering documentation, applying—and waiting—for dual citizenship.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via American Ancestors
Hot DNA Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $69 USD! For just $69 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies.
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout!
FREE SHIPPING on MyHeritage DNA at Amazon!
Want to avoid the shipping charges on MyHeritage DNA? If you have an Amazon Prime membership (click HERE for more info), then you get 2-day FREE SHIPPING when you make your purchase via Amazon! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon!
Sale Prices for Canada and UK on MyHeritage DNA
The Hot DNA Sale at MyHeritage also has great pricing for our followers in the UK and Canada! MyHeritage DNA Canada is just $89 CAD and MyHeritage DNA UK is just £69!
Sale valid through Monday, August 20th. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay – via MyHeritage
Summer Sale at Living DNA – just $89 USD! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Regularly $99 USD, now just $89 USD. Sale valid through August 31st. Click HERE to shop via Living DNA
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.