Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! Amazon: Deal of the Day – Save more than 40% on new Rosetta Stone Lifetime Access plus get $10 Amazon Gift Card – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 50% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing e-book version (Amazon Kindle) – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry: FREE ACCESS to Yearbook Records – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: 50% off a 1-month Ultimate British and Irish subscription – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! HB Media Solutions: Save 81% on VHS to DVD conversion – 6 tapes for just $17 USD! – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Legacybox: Save up to 65% on Photo and Movie Digitization Services – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR What’s Been Done: Using Someone Else’s Genealogy Research – CLICK HERE
- EXTENDED! MyHeritage DNA: Get MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Picture Keeper: Save up to 53% on Picture Keeper photo preservation systems – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
EXTENDED! Labor Day Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies.
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Sale valid through TODAY Tuesday, September 4th. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
NEW! Save more than 40% on new Rosetta Stone Lifetime Access plus get $10 Amazon Gift Card – “Learn new words and phrases based on how they’re used, so you’ll be prepared to thrive in real-world conversations that don’t follow a script. Get instant feedback to perfect your pronunciation with our patented TruAccent speech recognition engine.”
Choose from 23 different languages including Chinese, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Spanish and MORE! This is the Amazon Deal of the Day and is valid TODAY ONLY! Regularly $309.00 USD, now just $179.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
ENDS TODAY! Convert 6 VHS tapes for just $17 USD with HB Media Solutions! “Did you know that 20 years is the average shelf life of VHS tapes? Don’t run the risk of losing the memories contained in these VHS tapes. Memories define who we are… Got a pile of old VCR tapes? VHS to DVD transfer service is one of our most popular transfer requests. We’ll transfer them into digital copies!” For six (6) VHS tapes up to two hours each, regularly $84 USD, now just $17 USD! Sale valid through Tuesday, September 4th. Click HERE to shop – via HB Media Solutions
ENDS TODAY! Save up to 65% on Legacybox “Forever Made Simple” – now this is a deal! You’ve seen the ads on Facebook advertising the Legacy Box Starter kit for $82 and they’ll scan everything you can fit in the box they send you. “Just fill Legacybox with your tapes, film, pictures, and audio. Send it in and we’ll send it back with your memories preserved on dvds and optional thumb drive.” Well, you can get that same deal for just $29.00 USD via Groupon. Sale valid through Tuesday, September 4th. Click HERE to get started – via Groupon.
FREE WEBINAR What’s Been Done: Using Someone Else’s Genealogy Research presented by Thomas MacEntee, Wednesday, September 5th, 1:00 pm Central – “Whether you are new to genealogy or you’ve been working on your family history for years, incorporating the research of others can always be tricky. Here’s how to develop a proven strategy to benefit from the work of other genealogists.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ENDS TODAY! Save up to 63% on Picture Keeper! Picture Keeper is an amazing device that looks like a simple USB flash drive but it is so much more. Yes, you could buy a cheap flash drive and take the DIY approach but Picture Keeper has an automated system of making sure ALL of your photos are backed up!
Right now you can get the 8GB Picture Keeper with 4,000-Photo Capacity, regularly $59.99, for just $21.99! Sale valid through Monday, September 3rd. Click HERE to shop – via Groupon
Save 50% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing + FREE SHIPPING! from Amazon Kindle! “Thanks to DNA testing, it’s never been easier for adoptees, foundlings, and others of unknown parentage to find their birth families. But how can DNA tests help you connect to family, and what do your results mean? Enter this book: a comprehensive guide to adoption genealogy that will give you the resources you need to find your long-lost family with DNA. This book will cover all the basics of genetic testing, plus how your DNA results from services like AncestryDNA and 23andMe can help you build out your family tree.”
The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing features:
- Strategies for connecting to previous generations, including how to reach out to potential relatives
- Detailed guides for using DNA tests and tools, plus how to analyze your test results and apply them to research
- Inspiring real-life success stories that put the book’s techniques into practice
Regularly $29.99 USD for the printer version and $24.48 for the digital version, you pay just $14.99 USD* for the Amazon Kindle version! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon Kindle
FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course at Family Tree Magazine! If you’re considering this week’s Back to School Sale at Family Tree Magazine but you’ve never taken an online course, click HERE to access Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online! This is a $59.99 USD value and you can get it for FREE! Via Family Tree Magazine
Save 50% at Findmypast!* “Get 50% off a 1-month Ultimate British & Irish subscription today. Let’s find your ancestors’ stories with our exclusive records. With twice the Irish records of any other site. Discover your British and Irish roots today at Findmypast.”
Exclusive family history records:
- United States Marriages: When complete, this will be the largest collection of its type online
- UK Parish Records: The largest collection online dating back to 1538
- Irish Records: The largest collection online including 10 million Catholic Parish Records
- PERiodical Source Index (PERSI): Now the only place to access this rich resource of publications online
- Travel & Migration: Millions of passenger lists and naturalization records to trace your family’s arrival in North America
Regularly $19.95 USD, now just $9.95 USD for the first month. Sale valid through September 5th. Click HERE to shop – via Findmypast
*Offer valid for NEW CUSTOMERS only. After the initial offer period, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price unless you un-tick the ‘auto-renew my subscription’ box in the My Account section of the site.
FREE ACCESS to US Yearbook Records at Ancestry.com! It’s back to school time and this means a stroll down memory lane through Ancestry’s US Yearbook Collection. Now through September 7th, you can access up to five (5) yearbook records for FREE! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry
*Users will be able to access up to 5 records in the featured collection for free until September 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the 5 free records have been accessed or after the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using an Ancestry Membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collection, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.