Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Thursday, September 6, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- Ancestry: FREE ACCESS to Yearbook Records – CLICK HERE
- NEW! DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Discover Your Roots Summer 2018 Edition just $9.99 USD – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 52% on Discover Your Roots Collection – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Vitagene: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene with promo code DNA50 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene Using Your DNA Data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review “Vitagene – More than Just Another DNA Testing Company.”
The Vitagene Health Report product uses your raw DNA file from 23andme, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage. Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code DNA50 at checkout! Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
NEW! Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Discover Your Roots – Summer 2018 Edition – just $9.99 USD at Family Tree Magazine! This beginner’s genealogy guide has all you need to know to get started tracing your family tree and finding ancestors, from the experts at Family Tree Magazine.
With this Discover Your Roots guide, you’ll get articles about:
- 79 great genealogy websites for beginners to find family history—familiar ones like Ancestry.com, FamilySearch, MyHeritage and Findmypast, plus websites you haven’t tried yet.
- What genealogy records you should look for, and how to find them, including birth, marriage and death records; censuses, passenger lists, immigration records and more.
- The best, easiest ways to find ancestors using online family trees and the hints they give you.
- Five sites that let you create and print a frame-worthy family tree.
- How to choose the best DNA test for you, and how to figure out how you’re related to your genetic genealogy matches.
- Genetic genealogy Q&A with expert answers to common questions from DNA newbies.
- References and blank forms you can copy and fill out with family tree information, including an ancestor chart, DNA results log, and relationship chart (with average amounts of shared DNA)
Priced at just $9.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 52% on Discover Your Roots Collection from Family Tree Magazine – “A complete collection of our special beginner genealogy guides-all six editions published to date-the Discover Your Roots Collection provides an introduction to starting your family history research and offers a great refresher for veteran genealogists.”
Regularly $88.92 USD, now just $32.99 USD! Sale valid through September 30th or while supplies last. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
* Advertised price valid through 9/30 or while supplies last.
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through September 30th. Click HERE to save – via fold3
FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course at Family Tree Magazine! If you’re considering this week’s Back to School Sale at Family Tree Magazine but you’ve never taken an online course, click HERE to access Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online! This is a $59.99 USD value and you can get it for FREE! Via Family Tree Magazine
FREE ACCESS to US Yearbook Records at Ancestry.com! It’s back to school time and this means a stroll down memory lane through Ancestry’s US Yearbook Collection. Now through September 7th, you can access up to five (5) yearbook records for FREE! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry
*Users will be able to access up to 5 records in the featured collection for free until September 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the 5 free records have been accessed or after the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using an Ancestry Membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collection, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.