Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Thursday, September 13, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! Amazon: Save up to 65% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Western Digital 2TB Portable External Hard Drive just $59.99 USD! – CLICK HERE
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 25% on Genealogy Records Workbook Downloads with promo code WORKBOOK25 – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Slave Narratives: Telling the Story of Slavery and Families – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Vitagene: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene with promo code DNA50 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 25% on All Genealogy Records Workbook Resources at Family Tree Magazine! “Are you trying to track down an ancestor but at a loss of where to look? Scratching your head when you look at census records, draft lists, or other documents? Become a master at researching and analyzing your ancestors’ historical documents with our Family Tree Workbook series!
These workbooks contain genealogy forms, checklists, and templates for you to fill out. Whether you are looking to get the most out of census records, birth records, probate records, pension records, naturalization records, passenger lists or something else, we have the download you need! Each individual workbook contains tips and tricks for your genealogy, fast facts, at a glance examples of records, a worksheet, and much more! Or, if you need multiple workbooks, get the Genealogy Records Workbook eBook that contains the full collection of workbooks!”
Save 25% when you use promo code WORKBOOK25 at checkout. Sale valid through Friday, September 14th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Use coupon WORKBOOK25 at checkout to apply the discount. Sale ends September 14, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale valid on Genealogy Workbook Records category only. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Slave Narratives: Telling the Story of Slavery and Families presented by Ann Staley, CG, CGL, Friday, September 14th, 1:00 pm Central – “The WPA Federal Writers’ Project (FWP) of the late 1930’s provides us with more than 2,300 first person accounts of former slaves. The slave narratives, with their autobiographical accounts, can provide insight into the institution, rich context, and clues for family research. But how can we use this rich resource? Can they be relied upon? Some of the questions we will discuss are: What is the history of the slave narratives?Before, during, and after the Civil War. When were they taken? Who were the interviewers? What are the limitations of the narratives? Where can I find the narratives? Offline and Online. How can they be used for research? Names of family members, names of plantations, owners, and their family members; birth, marriage and death information for individuals; context for daily life in particular places.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
NEW! Western Digital 2TB Portable External Hard Drive just $59.99 via Amazon! “WD elements portable hard drives with USB 3.0 offer reliable, high-capacity storage to go, fast data transfer rates and universal connectivity with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices. The small, lightweight enclosure features massive capacity and WD quality and reliability. It includes a free trial of WD SmartWare Pro for local and cloud backup.”
Get 2-Day FREE SHIPPING if you are an Amazon Prime Member! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon!
NEW! Save up to 65% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean!
Some advice: the Home version is really all you need and it is available in a download version (no shipping fee) or with a CD installation.
Save up to 65% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $35.00 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS at Findmypast. Were you successful in finding out more about your family history during the FREE ACCESS WEEKEND at Findmypast? Well, here’s a great way to continue the search – take 30% off any of the subscription plans at Findmypast! Click HERE for details on specific 1-month, 3-month and 12-month plans.
- Findmypast US and Canada: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast UK: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Australia: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Ireland: Click HERE to get started!
Sale valid through September 23rd, 2018. Restrictions apply.
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
The Vitagene Health Report product uses your raw DNA file from 23andme, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage. Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code DNA50 at checkout! Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.