Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Thursday, November 29, 2018
UPDATED 11:00 am CST, Thursday, November 29th, 2018
While most Cyber Monday deals and the extended deals are GONE, most DNA, genealogy and family history vendors have moved to either a holiday sale or cyber week sale!
What’s New Today at Genealogy Bargains?
- TODAY ONLY! Amazon: FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations
- NEW! Amazon: Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner just $79.99 USD!
- NEW! Epson: Save 25% on Epson Perfection V39 Color Photo & Document Scanner via Amazon
- NEW! Helix: Save 50% on National Geographic DNA Test Kit: Geno 2.0 Next Generation via Amazon
- NEW! Living DNA: Save up to 30% during Living DNA Christmas Sale – regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD or purchase 2 or more kits for $69 USD each!
Genealogy Bargains Categories
- DNA Test Kits
- Books for Family Historians
- Educational Webinars and Online Courses
- Genealogy Subscription Websites
- Photo Organization and Preservation
- Genealogy Software and Technology
- Fun Stuff for Genealogists – Anything and Everything Else
- Give the Gift of Family History
Directory of Vendors
Here is a quick directory of vendors offering special promotions during the holidays (click each link to visit the main website for that vendor):
- AncestryDNA Canada
- AncestryDNA UK
- AncestryDNA US
- Celebrate DNA
- Family ChartMasters
- Family History Researcher Academy
- Family Locket
- Family Tree DNA
- Family Tree Magazine
- Findmypast DNA
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner
- Hack Genealogy
- Living DNA
- MyHeritage DNA
Each of the Big 5 vendors (23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA) are still offering major savings during the holiday season compared to normal prices. Some are also offering free shipping and other incentives.
UPDATED 11:00 am CST, Thursday, November 29th, 2018
- 23andMe: Take 30% off + FREE gift wrapping during the 23andMe Holiday Sale at 23andMe. 23andMe for Ancestry, regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD. 23andMe DNA for Health + Ancestry, regularly $199 USD, now just $139 USD. Sale valid through Tuesday, December 25th.
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA.
- AncestryDNA: AncestryDNA just $59 USD during AncestryDNA Holiday Sale. Sale valid through Monday, December 24th.
- AncestryDNA Canada: AncestryDNA Canada – just $89 CDN during AncestryDNA Christmas Sale! Sale valid through Monday, December 24th.
- AncestryDNA UK: Save 20% during AncestryDNA Christmas Sale! Sale valid through Monday, December 24th.
- Family Tree DNA: Family Finder only $49 USD during Family Tree DNA Holiday Sale! Huge discounts on Y-DNA, mtDNA and bundles too! Sale valid through Monday, December 31st.
- Findmypast DNA: Findmypast DNA priced at $89 USD,
$99 CAD, £79, €89 and $129 AUD during Findmypast DNA Holiday Sale! Sale valid through Monday, December 24th.
- Helix: Save 50% on National Geographic DNA Test Kit: Geno 2.0 Next Generation via Amazon!
- Living DNA: Save up to 30% during Living DNA Christmas Sale! Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD. Purchase 2 or more kits for $69 USD each! Sale valid through Monday, December 24th.
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage DNA just $49 USD during MyHeritage DNA Cyber Week Sale. Plus FREE SHIPPING when you purchase 2 or more kits! Sale valid through Sunday, December 2nd.
- Vitagene: Save up to 40% on Health Reports during Vitagene Holiday Sale. Use your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review! Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $29 USD.
- TODAY ONLY! FREE EBOOK Preserve Your Family Pictures: How To Save Photo Heirlooms for Future Generations by Amber Richards – “Do you value your family pictures and photographs? Then, this is a must-read guide for you! Don’t risk losing forever these irreplaceable treasures. Our family pictures are priceless, a visual record of memories and loved ones. They deserve and require special care to guarantee they will still be around to pass on to the next generation. Many who enjoy family genealogy also have amazing collections of vintage family photos that need extra care in order to preserve them. Learn how to take the practical steps to protect your family photos, both the physical prints, and digital formats. Ensure that your treasures will survive and you don’t face the tragic loss of these pictures. Download your copy now.” Print version $9.75, Amazon Kindle version is FREE – usually these are ONE DAY ONLY sales so get yours now!
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry!
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 36% on Family Tree Factbook! “This convenient, time-saving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites.” – LINK
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 78% on Ultimate Scottish Collection! “If you’re one of the many descendants of the 1.5 million Scots who immigrated to the Americas, this collection is for you! This collection is jam-packed with NINE resources to help you trace your Scottish ancestry. You’ll learn about Scottish first and last names, locations and historical events, the types of records you can expect to find, where to find and how to use kirk session records, the best ways to identify Scottish ancestors in America, and much more!” Regularly $356.91 USD, you pay just $79.99 USD! – LINK
- Family History Researcher Academy: Save 25% off 52-week online course in English and Welsh Genealogy Research! You save $3.50 USD / £2.75 GBP per month on the full price. You’ll get 52 weekly modules delivered to your computer, so that you can peruse them at your own speed and at the time that you want. And you can cancel at any time! Click HERE for the US offer and click HERE for the UK offer. Sale valid through Friday, November 30th, 2018.
- LAST DAY! Family Locket: Save 45% on Research Like a Pro e-course, regularly $125 USD, now just $69 USD! Sale valid through Thursday, November 29th – LINK
- Hack Genealogy: Take 50% off ALL DNA Downloads during Black Friday Sale – use promo code BLACKFRIDAY. Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
- Ancestry: Save 20% on Gift Memberships during the Holiday Sale. Valid through Monday, December 24th – LINK
- Fold3: Save 40% on Fold3 Annual Membership – regularly $79.95 USD, now just $47.95 USD. “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.” – Sale valid through Sunday, December 2nd – LINK
Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
Civil War Widows Pensions
War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
Mexican War Service Records
World War II Photos & Records
World War II Draft Cards
Australia WWI & WII Service Records
British Army WWI Service Records
U.K. WWI War Diaries
U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
Plus many more
- Newspapers.com: Save $20 on a 6-month subscription at Newspapers.com! Regularly $74.90 USD, now just $54.90 USD. Sale valid through Sunday, December 2nd – LINK
- NEW! Amazon: Save 25% on Epson Perfection V39 Color Photo & Document Scanner and other scanners!
- NEW! Amazon: Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner just $79.99 USD! “Effortlessly convert your 126KPK, 135,110, Super 8 and Negatives into premium high resolution 22MP digital photo JPEG files. Still images only, not video. Relive and share your memories in no time with only the push of a button.”
- Flip-Pal: Save $35 and get FREE SHIPPING* with Genealogy Value Pack! *Free 3-5 day shipping via USPS within continental US only. Other shipping options are available. Offer expires December 31, 2018 – LINK
- iDrive: 90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 USD per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95 USD! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE for more info.
- Amazon: Save BIG on Data Storage Deals! – LINK
- Amazon Devices: Save up to 50% on Amazon Echo, Dot and other devices! Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa, regularly $39.99 USD, now just $19.99 USD – LINK; Echo (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa, regularly $99.99 USD, now just $69 USD – LINK
- RootsMagic: Save 67% with Special Holiday Offer at RootsMagic! “Are you looking for a gift that will really bring the family together? Then give the gift of computer software that unites families. And, as a RootsMagic customer, we’ve made it even easier for you by offering an amazing bundle including RootsMagic 7, Personal Historian 3, Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic 7, and Personal Historian: The Companion Guide (a $90 value) for as low as $30!” – LINK
What will you find here? T-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers and more to show off your love of all things genealogy and family history related!
- Celebrate DNA: 25% off on DNA-related T-shirts, Sweatshirts and Hoodies (adult sizes) at Celebrate DNA! Use promo code THOMAS18 at checkout! Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
While this might be up to debate, we love to give family history gifts this time of year as well as receive them! So check out the products below for quick and easy gifts you can give to any member of the family!
- Amazon: Save 47% on Klikel Family Tree Display with 10 Hanging Picture Photo Frames – a great holiday gift! Regularly $76.15 USD, now just $39.99 USD! HURRY these always sell out fast! – LINK
- Family ChartMasters: Save 50% on customized DNA ethnicity charts at Family ChartMasters starting at just $9.95 USD – must use promo code NOVDNA50 at checkout! Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.