Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, September 30, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save over 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus FREE SHIPPING – just $169 USD! – CLICK HERE
- 23andMe Canada: 23andMe Thanksgiving Sale! Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit just $79 CAD when you purchase 2 or more (pay just $99 CAD for a single test kit) – CLICK HERE
- PRICE DROP! Amazon: Save up 70% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Family Tree Magazine: Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Remote Research in the Databases of the Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Remote Research in the Databases of the Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System presented by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA, Wednesday, October 3rd, 1:00 pm Central – “The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution has been collecting genealogical information since 1890 to support both the application process for membership and to honor the service of Patriots. The Society operates a marvelous library in Washington, DC. Over the last few years they have scanned and provided public access to extensive online resources” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
LAST DAY! Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection during Oktoberfest Sale at Family Tree Magazine! “Many Americans claim German ancestry – so many in fact, that it’s the largest, and with German lineage comes rich history – and a lot of records, with more being added online all the time. That makes this collection perfect for anyone who wants to do research on the German branches of their family tree. This collection is packed with the must-know info and research techniques for tracing your German roots, from finding your ancestor’s home village to using translate tools, cheat sheets, and other techniques to decipher what you find. Plus, you’ll get the historical background that drove emigration, changed your ancestor’s borders and nationality, and affected their daily lives.”
Click HERE for a detailed description of each item listed above/
Regularly $328.89 USD, now just $79.99 USD* – you save over $250 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through 9/30 or while supplies last.
Save 70% on Dragon Naturally Speaking software! Amazon has an AMAZING deal on this voice to text software! I use Dragon everyday and not just because of the arthritis in my hands . . . it is often more convenient just to speak commands into the computer when I am working on genealogy. I couldn’t get half as much research and work done if I didn’t have Dragon Naturally Speaking. I love how it recognizes my voice and “builds” a vocabulary of words and terms that I frequently use. Plus, I draft all my books with Dragon using Microsoft Word . . . I can state commands like “Next line” or “semicolon” and it knows what I mean!
Some advice: the Home version is really all you need and it is available in a download version (no shipping fee) or with a CD installation.
Save 70% and don’t miss this sale! Regular price is $99.99 USD, now pay just $29.99 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save 25% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service DNA test kit plus get FREE SHIPPING! “Ready to be confused? Here goes . . .
- SCROLL DOWN at the 23andMe site and it appears as if 23andMe has a NEW product configuration with three different products: Ancestry Service (autosomal DNA test like AncestryDNA), a new Health Lite + Ancestry Service (with 40+ health reports), and the Health + Ancestry Service (with 90+ health reports).
- 23andMe has RAISED the price on its Health + Ancestry Service to $229 USD (from $199 USD) but they’ve added more features.
- SCROLL DOWN and click Health Lite + Ancestry Service and you will see this pop-up message: “GREAT NEWS! You’ve been upgraded to our Health + Ancestry Service at no additional cost since the service you selected (Health Lite + Ancestry Service) is currently unavailable. Please note that you will receive all 90+ reports, but you can opt out of receiving your Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports. We encourage you to review relevant information about Carrier Status* and Genetic Health Risk* reports in the link below.” The Health + Ancestry Service product, normally $229 USD now appears as $169 USD in your cart!
IMPORTANT: This sale has NOT been announced and can DISAPPEAR at any time! Don’t put this off!
Regularly $229 USD, pay just $169 USD and new customers receive FREE SHIPPING (you’ll see a pop-up or sign up via e-mail for the free shipping offer). NOTE: make sure you select Health Lite + Ancestry Service to get this special price! Click HERE to shop via 23andMe.
Save up to 38% on 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – pay just $79 CAD each when you purchase 2 or more! “23andMe is holding its annual Thanksgiving Sale and has a great deal! Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.”
Regularly $129 CAD each, purchase 2 or more Ancestry Service DNA test kits and pay just $79 CAD each. Pay just $99 CAD when you purchase a single kit. Sale valid through October 8th, 2018. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe!
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.