Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, September 16, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- LAST DAY! Amazon: FREE DOWNLOAD Guide to Wolfram|Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Flip-Pal mobile scanner just $179 USD with FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Western Digital 2TB Portable External Hard Drive just $59.99 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 65% on Hispanic Heritage Research Collection – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS! – CLICK HERE
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95 – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Using Lists to Find Proof – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Vitagene: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene with promo code DNA50 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Flip-Pal mobile scanner just $179 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! “The Flip-Pal mobile scanner is the world’s original scanner for photos, large and fragile documents, and cherished memorabilia that does not require a computer to operate. Battery powered and stores files stored on an SD card. Keep your memories safe using patented flip-and-scan technology. Fragile documents are treated safely on the flatbed rather than fed through a sheet feeder. Take the lid off, flip the scanner over, and use the window to frame the original.”
Priced starting at $179.99 USD there are also several money-saving bundles available for the Flip-Pal on Amazon as well. Amazon Prime Members also receive FREE 2-Day Shipping! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Using Lists to Find Proof presented by Cari Taplin, CG, Tuesday, September 18th, 7:00 pm Central – “Genealogists examine lists nearly every time we conduct research, whether it be in the form of censuses, tax lists, directories, petitions, and hundreds of others. The Genealogical Proof Standard requires reasonably exhaustive research, analysis and corroboration of evidence. This presentation will demonstrate how lists can be used to meet those standards, and offers methods and tips for examining lists as a tool for proving the identity of our ancestors.” Click HERE to register for FREE via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 65% on Hispanic Heritage Research Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “If you have Hispanic heritage — anywhere from Mexico to Chile to Spain — you’re in luck: More resources for tracing their immigration are available more readily than ever before. In this collection, get eight resources to trace your Hispanic heritage for one low price! You will learn important historical dates and timelines, Spanish naming traditions, where to find records of immigration by ship, plane and train, and much more!”
This collection includes:
- Latin American Immigration Research: Trace your Latin American ancestors’ immigration by combining history, cultural clues and records ranging from border crossing to planes, trains and ships with this video introduction to Latin-American genealogy research.
- A Genealogist’s Guide to Spanish Names: Genealogists understand the value of a name and all the family history information names can provide. Now you can learn more about the Spanish names in your family tree with this comprehensive guide. Discover the meaning of Spanish names.
- Family Tree Magazine Mexican Genealogy Guide: The genealogical tips and tools in the Mexican Heritage Research Guide will help you discover your family’s history in Mexico.
- Mexican Heritage Guide: Discover the bounty of records—with many coming online—that can help you trace your family tree in Mexico.
- Family Tree Magazine Spanish and Portuguese: The genealogical tips and tools in the Spanish and Portuguese Heritage Research Guide will help you discover your family’s history.
- Mexican Genealogy Guide: Seeking your roots south of the border? Our guide to Mexican genealogy will help you celebrate new ancestral discoveries.
- Latin American Genealogy Resources: As much as you’d like to, you might not be able to actually go to Mexico, Belize, Grenada or another Latin American locale, but you’ll still need to know how to get around, where genealogical records are and how to get to them. And to get the most understanding out of the records you find, you’ll want to brush up on the geography, history, culture and language of your ancestors.
- Heritage Guide: Trace South American Ancestry: Embrace the challenge of researching your family history with a winner’s attitude. A little determination will help you go for genealogy gold as you track down your South American ancestors.
Regularly $70.96 USD, now just $24.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
* Advertised price valid through 9/30/18 or while supplies last.
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
LAST DAY! FREE E-BOOK Guide to Wolfram Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research by Thomas MacEntee – My best-selling book, Guide to Wolfram Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research, offers an insider’s look at this amazing (and FREE) “computational knowledgebase” that genealogists can leverage to assist with their research. Want to know the historical value of $1 in 1910? Wolfram Alpha has the answer. Want to know all the nicknames for the given name Elizabeth? Wolfram Alpha has the answer. What about the weather conditions on a specific date and in a specific location. Yep, Wolfram-Alpha to the rescue!
Starting today through Sunday, September 16th, I’m making this book (a $2.99 USD value) available for FREE! Click HERE for your Amazon Kindle copy NOW before it’s too late! Click HERE for the PDF version.
90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE to sign up now and click HERE for more info – via iDrive.
Western Digital 2TB Portable External Hard Drive just $59.99 via Amazon! “WD elements portable hard drives with USB 3.0 offer reliable, high-capacity storage to go, fast data transfer rates and universal connectivity with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices. The small, lightweight enclosure features massive capacity and WD quality and reliability. It includes a free trial of WD SmartWare Pro for local and cloud backup.”
Get 2-Day FREE SHIPPING if you are an Amazon Prime Member! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon!
Save 30% on ALL SUBSCRIPTION PLANS at Findmypast. Were you successful in finding out more about your family history during the FREE ACCESS WEEKEND at Findmypast? Well, here’s a great way to continue the search – take 30% off any of the subscription plans at Findmypast! Click HERE for details on specific 1-month, 3-month and 12-month plans.
- Findmypast US and Canada: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast UK: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Australia: Click HERE to get started!
- Findmypast Ireland: Click HERE to get started!
Sale valid through September 23rd, 2018. Restrictions apply.
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
The Vitagene Health Report product uses your raw DNA file from 23andme, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage. Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code DNA50 at checkout! Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.