Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, November 18, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Save up to 50% at 23andMe – just $49 USD! – CLICK HERE
- FINAL DAY! Amazon: FREE EBOOK Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA: Holiday Sale at AncestryDNA – AncestryDNA just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA Canada: Holiday Sale at AncestryDNA Canada – pay just $89 CDN! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save up to 40% on Family Tree DNA tests during Thanksgiving Sale! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Drop a “hint” to family members with the Family Tree Magazine Holiday Gift Guide! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 79% on Trace Your Colonial Ancestry Bundle – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: Save 50% on Subscriptions! – Click HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Digital Download – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Every Day Life of Our Ancestors – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save 20% during Thanksgiving Sale – just $79 USD! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: Save 50% on MyHeritage Complete – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage DNA just $49 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Serve Up AMAZING Family Stories This Thanksgiving and SAVE 50% on ALL COURSES – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Digital Download – if you missed the amazing DNA Boot Camp featuring DNA expert Mary Eberle on November 17th, here is your chance to purchase the digital download and save 30% off the list price!
You’ve probably heard quite a bit about the FREE program GEDmatch in the news over the past year: GEDmatch has figured prominently in many high-profile criminal “cold cases” that have been solved using DNA. What you may not know is that at its core, GEDmatch was set up to help genealogists. It has various functions all focused on getting better matches using your uploaded DNA test results. It also provides tools for analyzing your DNA matches. In the GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence boot camp you will spend time walking you through all the major functions of GEDmatch so you can get started with your own DNA data to chase down new matches and analyze them.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
With this digital download, you get both recorded webinars totaling almost 3 hours of genealogy education, and 10 pages of handouts! Regularly $25.99, SPECIAL LOW PRICE of $19.99* now through November 30th!
Recorded November 17, 2018
*This item is not eligible for any coupons or discounts due to its already discounted price.
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Every Day Life of Our Ancestors presented by Ann Staley, CG, CGL, Tuesday, November 20th, 7:00 pm Central – “Our ancestors led lives, just like us – only different. Using our life as an example, how can we parallel it to theirs? They ate and drank, married and had families, dressed, had trades and occupations, practiced a religion, dabbled in the arts and sciences, participated in politics and economics, etc. This lecture will examine the various aspects of life and provide resources to discover the historical context and personal details of our ancestors’ lives.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Holiday Gift Guide from Family Tree Magazine! Has your family asked what you want for Christmas or Hanukkah this year? Or are you ready to just go ahead and treat yourself to a book or webinar you want? Check out the Holiday Gift Guide at Family Tree Magazine listing 25 of the most popular genealogy items all at discount prices. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
FINAL DAY! FREE E-BOOK Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories. I want every genealogist to get serious about preserving and sharing their family stories, so for this weekend only, I’m making my best-selling book Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories available for free!*
“Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories provides you with all the information on the latest methods and tools used to capture and preserve those family stories. In addition, once you’ve learned how it easy it is to build a family archive of stories, you’ll want to share them with others using the tips and tricks provided in this book.”
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories Amazon Kindle version – click HERE for free download**
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories PDF version – click HERE for free download
* Free access to Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories available through Sunday, November 18th
** Please read How To Download Amazon Kindle Books for Free – click HERE
Save 50% on All Family History Writing and Genealogy Courses at Research, Write, Connect! Join family history writing expert Lisa Alzo in a fun and engaging way to improve your writing and genealogy skills! Remember you MUST use promo code EARLY50 at checkout to claim your 50% savings!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $74.50 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, just $74.50 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschooling, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, just $74.50 USD – click HERE to shop!
Sale valid through Saturday, November 24th, 2018.
MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only*. The normal price is $250.74 USD and you’ll pay just $125 USD for a full year’s access to the following:
- Private family site with unlimited capacity
- Automatic Record Matches
- Vital records from 48 countries
- Smart Matches™ with 43 million trees
- Record Detective™
- Book Matching
- Sun Charts™
- Consistency Checker
- NEW Photo Discoveries™
- Over 9.3 billion historical records
- Start a new tree or import GEDCOM
- Unlimited photo storage
- Apps for iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- Military and immigration records
- 1790-1940 US census
- 1841-1911 England & Wales census
- Compilation of Published Sources collection with over 450,000 books and 91 million pages
- Family Tree Builder premium software
Act Now! Offer Expires Tuesday, November 20th!
This is a limited time exclusive offer expiring after Tuesday, November 20th. Don’t put this off – get ready for a year filled with awesome genealogy finds and get everything you need at MyHeritage! Click HERE to get started today.
Save 79% on Trace Your Colonial Ancestry Bundle from Family Tree Magazine! “Can you trace your family history back to the Colonial Era? This collection gives you the tools you need to do just that, with practical demonstrations and tutorials for finding using the Daughters of the American Revolution databases and researching your Revolutionary War ancestors, plus 25 tips for finding your Colonial ancestors.”
The Trace Your Colonial Ancestry Bundle includes:
- Top 25 Tips for Finding Your Colonial Ancestors (Video Download)
- Researching Revolutionary War Ancestors (Video Download)
- Using DAR.org to Research Early American Ancestors
- The Genealogist’s U.S. History Pocket Reference (eBook)
- Tutorial: Searching Daughters of the American Revolution Databases
This is an ALL DIGITAL COLLECTION so there’s no shipping fee! Regularly $96.96 USD, now just $34.99 USD*! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through November 30th, 2018 or while supplies last.
Special Holiday Sale on AncestryDNA Canada – Just $89 CAD! This deal was just announced and Canadian residents can get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $89 CAD! That is $40 CAD off the regular price of $129 CAD!
Stock up now for the holidays and get AncestryDNA for just $89 CAD! Click HERE to shop – via Ancestry
*NOTE: Sale valid through Thursday, November 22nd. Shipping NOT INCLUDED.
FREE SHIPPING on AncestryDNA Canada via Amazon!
While the price is $99 CDN via Amazon, when you buy from the AncestryDNA Official Storefront, and you have an Amazon Prime Membership, you qualify for FREE SHIPPING – sometimes Same Day depending upon your location!
Click HERE to shop via Amazon
Save up to 40% on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Thanksgiving Sale starting today through Thursday, November 22nd. “Celebrate family with this amazing Thanksgiving Sale at Family Tree DNA – discover more about your ethnicity and ancestry!”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $49 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
All other tests including Y-DNA, mtDNA, bundles and upgrades are also ON SALE! Don’t miss this – a DNA sale stuffed with savings and it makes DNA testing easy as pie! Click HERE for more details – via Family Tree DNA
$49 USD for MyHeritage DNA during Thanksgiving Sale – PLUS FREE SHIPPING! Get MyHeritage DNA (the same test as AncestryDNA and other major DNA companies) for only $49 USD! This is the LOWEST PRICE EVER and you don’t need to buy two or more tests like other current DNA promotions!
Sale valid through Thursday, November 22nd. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
MyHeritage DNA Holiday 2018 Sale for Australia, Canada, UK and More!
MyHeritage is also holding a Holiday Sale for countries other than the United States with these special prices:
- Australia: $79 AUD
- Brazil: 219 BRL
- Canada: $79 CAD
- Denmark: 440 DKK
- Europe: 59€
- Finland: 59€
- Iceland: 59€
- New Zealand: $89 NZD
- Norway: 560 NOK
- Sweden: 610 SEK
- Switzerland: 69 CHF
- UK: 59£
These sale prices are valid through Thursday, November 22nd. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
FREE SHIPPING at MyHeritage DNA!
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits at the low price of $49 USD! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage
Save 50% on a variety of Subscriptions at Findmypast! Did you locate great finds during the Findmypast FREE ACCESS weekend? Want to continue your search and save money? Check out the offers THIS WEEK ONLY at Findmypast.
Sign up for a subscription TODAY and take advantage of this deal:
Findmypast US and Canada
- Save 50% on a 1-Month subscription – click HERE
- Save 50% on a 3-Month subscription – click HERE
- Save 50% on a 1-Month subscription – click HERE
Findmypast Australia & New Zealand
- Save 50% on a 1-Month subscription – click HERE
Use links above to claim your savings! Sale valid through Monday, November 19th, 5:59 pm CST (11:59 pm GMT) and restrictions apply – see the Terms and Conditions for each offer – via Findmypast
Save 20% on Living DNA – just $79 USD during Thanksgiving Sale! “Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Living DNA is able to show you your ancestry in twice the detail of other tests. This is possible because of the scientific teams we work with, and the detailed ways in which they can explore your DNA. You can view your results online or in a personalised book, and this allows you to explore your DNA breakdown today, as well as the migration patterns of your ancestors dating back 80,000 years.”
Living DNA is the best DNA test right now if you have British or Irish heritage! Sale valid through November 22nd, 2018. Regularly $99 USD, now just $79 USD – click HERE to shop – via Living DNA
FREE SHIPPING for Living DNA via Amazon
Get the same sale price of $79 USD, and you if have an Amazon Prime Membership, you qualify for FREE SHIPPING – sometimes Same Day depending upon your location!
Click HERE to shop via Amazon
HUGE HOLIDAY SAVINGS at AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! This deal was just announced and you can get the world’s most popular DNA test kit – AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD!
The Holidays are around the corner – and this year, the perfect gift is AncestryDNA! Let’s help more people discover their unique family stories with what will be the holidays’ most memorable gift. Only Ancestry:
- Has helped 20 million members connect to a deeper family story
- Combines the world’s largest online collection of family history records with the largest consumer DNA network in the world
- Delivers 2x more geographic detail than any other DNA test
Stock up now for the holidays and get AncestryDNA for just $59 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Ancestry
*NOTE: Sale valid through Wednesday, November 21st. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED.
Buy 4 AncestryDNA Test Kits Get 1 Free!
A special hidden holiday deal . . . if you purchase 4 AncestryDNA test kits at the sale price of $59 USD, you get 1 kit free! You will still have to pay shipping and handling plus taxes on the free kit, but still this is perfect for holiday gift giving or finally getting those other family members to take a DNA test! Click HERE to shop and select a quantity of 4 or more test kits to qualify!
FREE SHIPPING for AncestryDNA via Amazon
While the price is $69 USD via Amazon, when you buy from the AncestryDNA Official Storefront, and you have an Amazon Prime Membership, you qualify for FREE SHIPPING – sometimes Same Day depending upon your location!
Click HERE to shop via Amazon
AncestryDNA Savings for Australia and UK too!
- AncestryDNA Australia: Save $20 AUD! Regularly $129 AUD, now just $109 AUD! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 20th, 2018. Click HERE to shop via Ancestry
- AncestryDNA UK: Save £10 GBP! Regularly £79 GBP, now just £79 GBP! Sale valid through Tuesday, November 20th, 2018. Click HERE to shop via Ancestry
Save up to 50% at 23andMe – just $49 USD! 23andMe has an amazing Thanksgiving Sale going on right now! Purchase 2 or More of the Ancestry Service DNA Test Kits (an autosomal test kit similar to AncestryDNA), and pay just $49 USD each*! That’s a 50% off savings!
And if you only need ONE test, the price is just $69 USD, still a 30% savings off the normal $99 USD price! Click HERE to save – via 23andMe
Save on 23andMe PLUS FREE SHIPPING
Don’t forget that you can save BIG if you purchase just a single 23andMe test on Amazon (at the reduced price of just $69 USD!) and get FREE SHIPPING with your Ancestry Prime Membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
*NOTE: Sale valid through Friday, November 23rd, 2018; sale price does not include shipping and handling or taxes.
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.