Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, August 5, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Summer Travel Sale – Save 30% on All 23andMe DNA test kits – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Amazon: FREE E-BOOK After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- Family Locket: Research Like a Pro “Back to School” Sale – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save up to 40% on Ancestry.com Guides – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage DNA just $69 USD – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save up to 40% on Ancestry.com Guides from Family Tree Magazine!* “Ancestry.com keeps growing, and the site has numerous ways of helping you expand your family tree. But where do you start researching, and how do you get around the huge and ever-changing site? Family Tree has you covered with our Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition and Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook. These two guides give you countless tips and tricks to maximize your Ancestry.com searching. First, get started with the Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition to discover hands-on knowledge, helpful hints, step-by-step instructions for your results and much more! Then, get our Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook to put the techniques you learned in the unofficial guide to practice in typable forms!”
Want to buy them both at the same time? Check out Family Tree’s Guides to Making the Most of Ancestry.com Bundle and save 40% off retail – regularly $48.98 USD, now just $29.38 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Sale valid through August 31st or until supplies last.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
LAST DAY! FREE DOWNLOAD After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research. I want every genealogist to get serious about preserving the legacy of their years of research, so for this weekend only, I’m making my best-selling book After You’re Gone available for free!*
- After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research
Amazon Kindle version – click HERE for free download**
- After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research
PDF version – click HERE for free download
* Free access to After You’re Gone available through Sunday, August 5th
** Please read How To Download Amazon Kindle Books for Free – click HERE
Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors via Amazon! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors. Each heavy duty sheet protector is constructed from acid-free and archival safe polypropylene and won’t lift print, making them great for protecting irreplaceable photos, valuable collector cards and other prized items against dirt, debris and liquid. A helpful Easy Load feature makes loading letter-size sheets into the top of the Avery Heavyweight Sheet Protectors quick and easy, saving you time and boosting your productivity, while a clear binding edge makes a professional presentation for your documents. The heavy duty plastic sheet protectors are perfect for organizing planners, schoolwork, reference manuals and more. You can even use a dry erase marker to jot down notes on your poly sheet protectors. This pack of 100 non-glare heavyweight sheet protectors provides the long-term protection your frequently used documents, reports, recipes or photos need to stay in tip-top condition.”
Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “If being an organized genealogist feels like a pipe dream, this collection is for you! This collection will provide a ton of tips and strategies on organizing all aspects of your genealogy – from setting goals and creating projects to setting up paper and digital organization systems, finding the best apps and tools to keep your projects on track, and even make more time for continuing your genealogy education, volunteering, and more. Each resource in this collection offers a different perspective and new tips that you can use to create an organization system that works for you.”
WITH THIS COLLECTION YOU’LL GET:
- Genealogy organization tips, tools, and techniques
- Strategies for setting goals and creating achievable projects
- How to use spreadsheets to organize different types of family history projects
- Different types of forms, charts, and checklists to keep track of your data
- Books, videos, and plenty of downloads that cover how to organize your genealogy with different approaches
- Techniques that cover all aspects of your genealogy life – from your research to volunteering, continuing your education, and more
- Strategies for tackling family archives and treasures handed down to you
- Secrets to developing good habits so organization becomes second nature
Sold separately, you would pay a total of $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Research Like a Pro E-Book
Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Click HERE – via Amazon
Research Like a Pro eCourse
The brand new Research Like a Pro eCourse is available for registration August 1st through August 31st. There is a “progressive sale” going on right now using the following schedule:
- Purchase between August 1st through August 5th, pay just $79 USD
- Purchase between August 6th through August 19th, pay just $89 USD
- Purchase between August 20th through August 31st, pay full price $99 USD
Have you been interested in joining a Research Like a Pro Study Group, but worried about the time commitment? Perhaps the dates didn’t work for you or you were nervous about receiving peer feedback on your work. I’m excited to announce that Nicole and I are launching the Research Like a Pro E-course designed to give you the extra boost you might need in your research efforts. You’ll be able to work at your own pace and still receive valuable assistance along the way.
Research Like a Pro Study Group
The popular Research Like a Pro Study Group is available for registration beginning August 1st until sold out. Regularly $160 USD, now pay just $140 USD if you purchase between August 1st through August 5th.
Could you use some structure in your genealogy research? Do you respond well to a group study atmosphere? If so, the Research Like a Pro study group can give you the motivation and the setting to finally make progress in your research.
Click HERE for a complete list of items on sale – via Family Locket
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
MyHeritage DNA – $69 USD! For just $69 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS received your results much faster than other companies. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay – via MyHeritage
Summer Travel Sale – Save 30% on ALL 23andMe DNA test kits! If you missed out on the amazing sale prices for 23andMe during Amazon Prime Day, here’s your chance to still get great savings! During the 23andMe Summer Travel Sale, you can get the 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – a basic autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – regularly priced at $99 USD, for just $69 USD! And the 23andMe Ancestry Service + Health test, regularly priced at $199 USD, is just $139 USD! Sale valid through August 9th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.