Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, August 12, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- American Ancestors: FREE WEBINAR Applying for Dual Citizenship – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry: Save up to 50% on Ancestry Subscriptions – CLICK BELOW
- AncestryDNA: Save 40% during AncestryDNA Summer Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Family Tree Magazine: 40% off all Genealogy Cheat Sheets with promo code CHEATSHEET40 – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription! – CLICK HERE
- Larsen Digital: Win a FREE PHOTO RESTORATION valued at $49.99 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Living DNA: Save $10 during Living DNA Summer Sale – just $89! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage DNA just $69 USD – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
LAST DAY! Save 40% on Genealogy Cheat Sheets* this weekend at Family Tree Magazine! “Our at-a-glance cheat sheets are designed to quickly deliver the information you need for your research in plain, easy-to-understand English. These portable and easily-searchable guides are the perfect way for you to take your research you need on-the-go. Whether you are looking for information on tracing your German ancestry, how to use RootsMagic, genetic testing, and much more, we have a cheat sheet for you!” Here are just a few of over 87 cheat sheets available at 40% off the regular price when you use promo code CHEATSHEET40 at checkout:
Ancestry.com Cheat Sheet: Keep this cheat sheet nearby whenever you’re searching Ancestry.com. It’ll keep you from getting lost in this huge genealogy website and help you maximize your subscription dollars. Regularly $9.99 USD, now just $5.99 USD – click HERE to purchase.
Genealogist’s Google Cheat Sheet: The Genealogist’s Google Cheat Sheet will help you use the power of Google to discover genealogy and ancestor information online. Make the most of Google’s free tools including Search, Translate, Books, News Archive, Images, Patent Search and more. Regularly $9.99 USD, now just $5.99 USD – click HERE to purchase.
Over 85 other genealogy cheat sheets covering a variety of topics now available! Click HERE to shop and save when you use promo code CHEATSHEET40! Sale valid through Sunday, August 12th – via Family Tree Magazine.
*Use code CHEATSHEET40 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends August 12, 2018, at 11:59 pm MT. Sale valid on Cheat Sheet category only. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
Save up to 50% on 6-month subscriptions at Ancestry! This offer is for NEW MEMBERS only, but you can save 50% on the US and 30% on the World 6-month subscriptions!
- US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $99 USD. Click HERE to get started!
Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! “Dig into your heritage this summer! AncestryDNA has the recipe for new discoveries. Almost 10 million people have learned more about themselves. Are you next? From discovering their ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, the largest DNA network in the world is helping more people find the singular story in their DNA. Yours is just as unique, revealing traces of your family history—who your ancestors were and where they came from.”
Regularly $99 USD, now just $59 USD! Sale valid through Monday, August 20th! Click HERE to save – via AncestryDNA
FREE SHIPPING on AncestryDNA via Amazon Prime
Don’t forget that you can get the $59 USD sale price for AncestryDNA and get FREE 1-DAY SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
FREE WEBINAR Applying for Dual Citizenship from American Ancestors! Presented by Rhonda McClure, Senior Genealogist at New England Historic Genealogical Society, Thursday, August 16th, 3:00 pm EDT/2:00 pm CDT.
“While most countries base citizenship on place of birth, parentage, and marriage, there are a handful of countries that also offer citizenship by descent—meaning if you have ancestors who were citizens of that country two, three, or even four generations back, you might qualify for dual citizenship! Two well-known examples are Italy and Ireland. In this webinar, Senior Genealogist Rhonda R. McClure will go over the requirements involved for these two countries, gathering documentation, applying—and waiting—for dual citizenship.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via American Ancestors
Hot DNA Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $69 USD! For just $69 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies.
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout!
FREE SHIPPING on MyHeritage DNA at Amazon!
Want to avoid the shipping charges on MyHeritage DNA? If you have an Amazon Prime membership (click HERE for more info), then you get 2-day FREE SHIPPING when you make your purchase via Amazon! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon!
Sale Prices for Canada and UK on MyHeritage DNA
The Hot DNA Sale at MyHeritage also has great pricing for our followers in the UK and Canada! MyHeritage DNA Canada is just $89 CAD and MyHeritage DNA UK is just £69!
Click HERE to shop and don’t delay – via MyHeritage
Summer Sale at Living DNA – just $89 USD! Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests. Regularly $99 USD, now just $89 USD. Sale valid through August 31st. Click HERE to shop via Living DNA
Save 82% on Organize Your Genealogy MEGA Collection at Family Tree Magazine! “If being an organized genealogist feels like a pipe dream, this collection is for you! This collection will provide a ton of tips and strategies on organizing all aspects of your genealogy – from setting goals and creating projects to setting up paper and digital organization systems, finding the best apps and tools to keep your projects on track, and even make more time for continuing your genealogy education, volunteering, and more. Each resource in this collection offers a different perspective and new tips that you can use to create an organization system that works for you.”
WITH THIS COLLECTION YOU’LL GET:
- Genealogy organization tips, tools, and techniques
- Strategies for setting goals and creating achievable projects
- How to use spreadsheets to organize different types of family history projects
- Different types of forms, charts, and checklists to keep track of your data
- Books, videos, and plenty of downloads that cover how to organize your genealogy with different approaches
- Techniques that cover all aspects of your genealogy life – from your research to volunteering, continuing your education, and more
- Strategies for tackling family archives and treasures handed down to you
- Secrets to developing good habits so organization becomes second nature
Sold separately, you would pay a total of $434.86 USD, now just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Win a Free Photo Restoration from Larsen Digital! Larsen Digital, a trusted media digitization company based in Salt Lake City, Utah and used by many genealogists, is offering a special Photo Restoration Giveaway now through Tuesday, August 14th! You could win a FREE photo restoration just by sending in a quick snapshot of your old, tattered photo that needs to be restored.
This prize is valued at $49.99 USD and you could win if you enter by 11:59 pm CDT on Tuesday, August 14th, 2018. Click HERE for contest rules and to enter!
Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through August 31st. Click HERE to save – via fold3
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.