Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, April 29, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Mother’s Day Sale – Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR 20% Off – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save on Amazon Prime BEFORE the price increase! – SEE BELOW
- Amazon: FREE E-book Summer’s Complaint: My family’s courageous, century-long struggle with a rare genetic cancer syndrome – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 40% on 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History – CLICK HERE
- FINAL DAY! AncestryDNA: Save 40% on AncestryDNA – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA Canada: Save 30% on AncestryDNA – just $89 CAD – CLICK HERE
- Family ChartMasters: FREE SHIPPING with code FREESHIP – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree DNA: Save up to 28% during Family Tree DNA Mother’s Day Sale! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 25% on Genealogy Records Workbook – use promo code WORKBOOK25 – CLICK HERE
- Genealogy Gems: FREE SHIPPING on Genetics for the Genealogist guides – use promo code THOMASDNA – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: 50% Off All DNA Boot Camp Digital Downloads – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Living DNA: Save 50% on 3-in-1 DNA test kit at Living DNA – use promo code MOMSDAY7 – CLICK HERE
- NEW! MyHeritage DNA: MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale – just $59 USD – CLICK HERE
FINAL DAY! AncestryDNA LOWEST PRICE OF THE YEAR $59 USD
FINAL DAY! Save 40% at AncestryDNA: Get AncestryDNA for just $59 USD*! “For National DNA Day (April 25th), celebrate how the discoveries through Ancestry can unlock more meaningful travel experiences. AncestryDNA can estimate your origins more than 350 regions around the world. From discovering your ethnicity to connecting with distant relatives, Ancestry is the best way to uncover the people, places, and stories in your unique heritage. With Ancestry, your next travel adventure can be more than a destination. It can be a more authentic experience that connects you to the places your ancestors called home.” Regularly $99 USD, you pay just $59 USD! Sale valid through Sunday, April 29th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA
Amazon Prime – Lock in $99 USD Price BEFORE Planned Increase
Amazon has announced that the price of its popular Amazon Prime subscription service is going up to $119 USD annually (from $99 USD) starting June 16, 2018. Not only is this incentive to finally get a Prime membership, but what do you do if you are a current Amazon Prime member but your renewal date is AFTER June 16th? We have a possible solution*! Here is what worked the last time Amazon raised the price of Prime from $79 USD to $99 USD:
- Click HERE to purchase an Amazon Prime Gift Membership. Send the Membership to yourself and pay for it NOW at the $99 USD price.
- Go to your Amazon Prime settings and make sure you check your auto-renew settings. Click the Remind me before renewing link in the left sidebar to receive an email three days before your renewal takes place.
- Make sure you place a reminder on your calendar to redeem your Amazon Prime gift certificate BEFORE the renewal date. You will need to CANCEL your membership and then redeem the gift card.
I realize this might be too much hassle for some people, but for others saving $20 USD is important.
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save up to 28% during Family Tree DNA Mother’s Day Sale! Family Tree DNA is holding an AMAZING Mother’s Day Sale with some SWEET prices on DNA test kits and bundles!
“Save up to 28% on our top selling DNA tests during our Mother’s Day Sale. See yourself through your DNA and bring your unique family history into focus. Family Finder provides powerful interactive tools to help find your DNA matches, trace your lineage through time and determine family connections.”
The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79, now just $59 USD! Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
mtDNA Test Kits On Sale!
There are even more savings when you purchase these DNA test kits at Family Tree DNA:
- mtFull Sequence: Examines all regions of mtDNA, identifying your maternal haplogroup and migration path. Regularly $199, now just $149! Save $50! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle: Allows you to explore your deep maternal ancestry and migrations and all that Family Finder has to offer. Regularly $278, now just $199! Save $80! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Tests 500 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $799, now just $649! Save $150! Click HERE
Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
NEW! MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale – just $59 USD! The MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale has started and you can get the MyHeritage DNA test kit – an autosomal DNA test kit similar to 23andMe and AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD!
“Over the past 15 years, MyHeritage has helped millions of people find new family members and discover their ethnic origins. Your DNA test offers you the powerful experience of discovering what makes you unique and learning where you really come from. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of users all around the world.”
Get MyHeritage DNA for only $59 USD! Sale valid through Monday, May 14th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage DNA
NEW! Save 50% on 3-in-1 DNA test kit at Living DNA! Give Mom a new adventure this Mother’s Day! Celebrate Mother’s Day and get 50% off the Living DNA 3-in-1 ancestry test, with promo code MOMSDAY7. “Explore your motherline today! Living DNA brings your direct motherline to life by testing a type of DNA called mitochondrial DNA. This is passed down the generations with little change, which enables us to share your motherline group along with its potential history.”
Regularly $159 USD, sale price $99 USD, with promo code you pay just $79 USD! Remember, you must use promo code MOMSDAY7 at checkout. Sale valid through Sunday, May 14th. Click HERE to shop – via Living DNA
NEW! Save 25% on Genealogy Records Workbook downloads via Family Tree Shop*! “Are you trying to track down an ancestor but at a loss of where to look? Scratching your head when you look at census records, draft lists, or other documents? Become a master at researching and analyzing your ancestors’ historical documents. The Genealogy Records Workbook contains tips for getting the most out of census records, birth records, probate records, pension records, naturalization records, passenger lists and more. No matter the type of document, you will find the answers to locating and understanding it with this handy e-book.” Regularly $19.99 USD, pay just $14.99 USD when you use promo code WORKBOOK25! Click HERE.
This sale also includes other genealogy records-related downloads such as:
- Genealogy Workbook: Church Records
- Genealogy Workbook: County Histories
- Genealogy Workbook: Military Service Records
and more! These workbooks contain genealogy forms, checklists, and templates for you to fill out. Whether you are looking to get the most out of census records, birth records, probate records, pension records, naturalization records, passenger lists or something else, we have the download you need! Each individual workbook contains tips and tricks for your genealogy, fast facts, at a glance examples of records, a worksheet, and much more!
Remember to use promo code WORKBOOK25 at checkout! Sale valid through May 3rd. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Use coupon WORKBOOK25 at checkout to apply the discount. Sale ends May 3, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale valid on Genealogy Workbook Records category only. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
“I thought there might be something wrong with your mother’s family.” Those words, spoken by a grandmother to her eleven-year-old granddaughter, sparked a search for answers to a mystery spanning five generations.
Familial adenomatous polyposis is a rare, genetic cancer predisposition syndrome caused by a deletion mutation in the APC gene on chromosome 5. By the age of fifty, nearly 99 percent of untreated patients will have developed cancer.
This is the dark shadow that has lingered over one Midwestern family since at least 1911, when Mary Regan Baker was seen at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for symptoms of a disorder that would become commonplace in her descendants.
Through deeply touching personal stories of love, heartbreak, and hope, Summer’s Complaint explores the meaning of family and how tragic loss leads to the remaking of life in the face of a rare genetic mutation.
Print version $14.95, Amazon Kindle version is FREE! Click HERE to download via Amazon Kindle
Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR Take 20% Off* during Mother’s Day Sale at 23andMe – “We love mom genes.™ No two moms (or grandmas) are alike but every mom will love this gift.” If you purchase two kits and get one free (you can mix and match the Ancestry Service and the Ancestry Service + Health kits), you can save up to 30% of the FULL PRICE ($99 USD Ancestry Service and $199 USD Ancestry Service + Health)!
Otherwise, each kit is just 20% off: the Ancestry Service test kit (autosomal DNA test, compare to AncestryDNA), regularly $99 USD, is now just $79.20 USD! The Ancestry Service + Health test kit, which also provides health information based on DNA, regularly $199 USD, is now just $159.20 USD! Sale valid through May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe
*Note: Buy any 23andMe kit and receive 20% off each kit, or, purchase any two (2) 23andMe kits at regular price and receive the third (3rd) kit, that is of equal or lesser value, for free. Customers can mix and match kits. The Buy 2 Kits and Get 1 Free offer can only be applied once per order, any additional kits will receive 20% off. Savings based on regular price per kit (Ancestry Service $99 / Health + Ancestry $199). Offer ends May 13, 2018.
FREE SHIPPING via Amazon!
Want to save money and get 23andMe at the same Mother’s Day Sale prices (20% off only – no Buy 2 Get 1 available) PLUS FREE One-Day Shipping? If you have an Amazon Prime membership, click HERE and order your test through Amazon!
FREE SHIPPING at Family ChartMasters on DNA Ethnicity Charts and more! “A beautiful new way to display the results of a genetic family history test has been created for the millions of people who are getting to know their ancestors through DNA testing. Family ChartMasters, the genealogy chart printing leader for over 15 years, has designed a new DNA ethnicity chart to help family history enthusiasts show off their genetic heritage.”
Once you have your Ancestry DNA results, click HERE to access the data input form at Family ChartMasters. Enter your name, select the template and the type of output (paper, canvas or even PDF for download) and then start entering your DNA results. You can even add a photo of yourself. Once you are finished, preview the chart and then make your purchase! Pricing starts at just $19.95.
Remember to use code FREESHIP at checkout to claim your free shipping savings! Sale valid through Monday, April 30th – Click HERE to shop – via Family ChartMasters
Save 30% on AncestryDNA Canada – just $89 CAD! “AncestryDNA will reveal your unique DNA story, connecting you with ethnic regions around the world. Let your DNA show you the way! SAVE 30% this DNA Day and discover your history.” Regularly $129 CAD, now just $89 CAD! Sale valid through Monday, April 30th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA Canada
FREE SHIPPING on Genetics for the Genealogist guides from Genealogy Gems! “DNA testing is an incredible tool for genealogists. But with several different types of tests and testing companies, hundreds of matches, and lots of technical jargon, it can be challenging to make sense of it all. Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard has written these DNA Quick Guides to help you pick the right test, understand your results, and take the next steps with your matches.”
Two brand new guides including:
- Breaking Down Brick Walls with DNA: This guide is for you if you want to learn about chromosome browsers, working with known and unknown relatives, and how to find a family tree for those DNA matches that don’t have a tree! Priced at $8.95 USD.
- MyHeritage DNA: If you’ve tested at MyHeritage DNA, this guide will help you explore all of their features like estimated relationships, integrated genealogy tools including the SmartMatchesTM, the Chromosome Browser, and their ethnicity report. Priced at $8.95 USD.
Also BIG SAVINGS on DNA Guide Bundles! The DNA Super Bundle with ALL 10 GUIDES, regularly $89.50 USD, now just $64.95 USD – you save 27%!
You must use promo code THOMASDNA at checkout to get FREE SHIPPING. Sale valid through April 30th. Click HERE to shop – via Genealogy Gems.
Save 40% on 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History by Mary Eberle, JD. Release in November 2017, there is a huge price drop at Amazon PLUS this ebook is now available in PDF format at the same discount!
“DNA testing for family history is becoming wildly popular. Television advertisements, talk shows, books, and even Facebook are filled with stories of big family discoveries using DNA. Once you decide to get your DNA tested, you will likely have many questions. 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History answers many of these questions and more. The various tips were selected after listening to hundreds of people’s questions during live workshops and webinars. The 23 tips for DNA testing are split into sections on autosomal DNA, X-DNA, Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and additional tips. There’s even a bonus tip at the end!”
Save 50% on All DNA Boot Camp digital downloads at Hack Genealogy! Each year, National DNA Day on April 25th, celebrates the announcement in 1952 of the discovery of DNA. Now in its 15th year, National DNA Day has become a day to raise awareness about DNA testing and education. To celebrate, all DNA Boot Camp Digital Downloads with DNA expert Mary Eberle, JD produced by Hack Genealogy are ON SALE! Save 50% off the regular price of $25.99 USD . . . you pay just $12.99 USD each! Use promo code DNADAY18 at checkout to claim your savings! Titles include:
- Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy
- Additional DNA Tools and Concepts
- Using Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA for Genealogy Research
- Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
- Interpreting Your FTDNA and 23andMe Results
- Solving Family Mysteries with DNA
- Finding Birth Families Using DNA
Each digital download consists of two 90-minute recorded webinars, with Q&A periods, PLUS extensive handouts.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.