Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Saturday, September 1, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! Amazon: Save 50% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing e-book version (Amazon Kindle) – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 94% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – CLICK HERE
- Ancestry: FREE ACCESS to Yearbook Records – CLICK HERE
- EXTENDED! Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 20% on any September genealogy course with promo code SCHOOL20 – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 25% on genealogy books, downloads and videos with promo code 25LABOR – CLICK HERE
- Findmypast: 50% off a 1-month Ultimate British and Irish subscription – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save up to 50% on DNA Boot Camps and Midwest DNA digital downloads – CLICK HERE
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95 – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Get MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
Summer DNA Sales End Soon!
There are so many “summer sales” for DNA test kits right now that it can be difficult to track what’s on sale and when the sale ends! Here are click links to the best sales – scroll down below for more detail information for each!
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit, Y-DNA, mtDNA and bundles too during the Hello Summer Sale – CLICK HERE – EXTENDED! ENDS Monday, September 3rd!
- MyHeritage: Labor Day Sale at MyHeritage DNA just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE – ENDS Monday, September 3rd!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
EXTENDED! Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale through Monday, September 3rd. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with Family Tree DNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $449 USD! Save $200 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
- Y12: regularly $629 USD, now just $449 USD – Save $180 USD
- Y25: regularly $599 USD, now just $449 USD – Save $150 USD
- Y37: regularly $569 USD, now just $429 USD – Save $140 USD
- Y67: regularly $499 USD, now just $379 USD – Save $130 USD
- Y111: regularly $449 USD, now just $329 USD – Save $130 USD
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
NEW! Save 50% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing + FREE SHIPPING! from Amazon Kindle! “Thanks to DNA testing, it’s never been easier for adoptees, foundlings, and others of unknown parentage to find their birth families. But how can DNA tests help you connect to family, and what do your results mean? Enter this book: a comprehensive guide to adoption genealogy that will give you the resources you need to find your long-lost family with DNA. This book will cover all the basics of genetic testing, plus how your DNA results from services like AncestryDNA and 23andMe can help you build out your family tree.”
The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing features:
- Strategies for connecting to previous generations, including how to reach out to potential relatives
- Detailed guides for using DNA tests and tools, plus how to analyze your test results and apply them to research
- Inspiring real-life success stories that put the book’s techniques into practice
Regularly $29.99 USD for the printer version and $24.48 for the digital version, you pay just $14.99 USD* for the Amazon Kindle version! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon Kindle
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
FREE ONLINE COURSE Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online Genealogy Course at Family Tree Magazine! If you’re considering this week’s Back to School Sale at Family Tree Magazine but you’ve never taken an online course, click HERE to access Mastering Maps, Atlases and Gazetteers Online! This is a $59.99 USD value and you can get it for FREE! Via Family Tree Magazine
Save 20% on any September course at Family Tree Magazine!* During the Back to School Sale at Family Tree Magazine, starting today through Monday, September 3rd, you can save 20% on any September course when you use promo code SCHOOL20 at checkout! “Kids aren’t the only ones heading back to the classroom this September. Family Tree University has courses starting every Monday! Designed for the genealogy enthusiast, these courses will help family historians uncover more of their own history. Whether you’re looking to learn more about your ethnic heritage or find where your ancestor grew up, you’ll find answers to your questions and new strategies for breaking down your brick walls.”
Course titles include:
- Cluster and Collateral Research 101 Online Course: Trace your Ancestors through their Friends and Family! Cluster and collateral research is often the key to breaking through brick walls and finding information about your ancestors. In this 4-week online genealogy course, you’ll unlock the steps for finding and using cluster and collateral research in your genealogy. Starts September 10th! Click HERE to register.
- Irish Research 101 Online Course: Trace Your Irish Ancestry! Are you lucky enough to have Irish ancestry? If you’ve always wanted to explore your Irish heritage, you’ll need more than the luck o’ the Irish to find records. The good news? We’ve got plenty of resources in this 4-week course, so you can build your skills and trace your ancestors back to the Emerald Isle. Starts September 3rd! Click HERE to register.
- Research Logs Made Easy Online Workshop: Make Your Research Better with Research Logs! Research logs are the key to great genealogy! Join us for this week-long workshop to unlock your family history with tips and techniques for filling your research sessions with successful searches and accurate results. By the end of this workshop, you’ll know how to streamline your research process and make using research logs easy. Starts September 17th! Click HERE to register.
- Genetic Genealogy 101: Craft a Testing Strategy Online Course: Discover Your Ancestors in Your DNA! Whether you’re just starting out doing your genealogy research or your paper trail has come to a dead end, DNA testing can open up new avenues for you to learn about your ancestors. In this course, you’ll learn how genetic genealogy can be the tool that helps you solve your family mysteries. Starts September 3rd! Click HERE to register.
Click HERE to shop and make sure you use promo code SCHOOL20 at checkout to save! Via Family Tree Magazine
Save 25% on books, downloads and videos at Family Tree Magazine this weekend!* Celebrate Labor Day Weekend with great savings at Family Tree Magazine on a variety of genealogy books, downloads and videos. Learn how to work smarter with your family history research! “Dig deeper into your family history with a wide variety of resources for those who want to discover, preserve, and celebrate their roots. Books, DVDs, OnDemand webinars, cheat sheets, and more will help you enjoy researching your family heritage. Don’t wait, get the genealogy resources you need for 25% less!”
Here are some of the best-selling items available:
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This book discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy – from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.” Regularly $29.99, sale priced at $15.29. Click HERE to shop.
- Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition – “This newly updated and expanded guide will show you how to use Ancestry.com, including AncestryDNA. Full of Ancestry.com tips and strategies, this complete guidebook to Ancestry.com will help you find your ancestors’ records and build out your family tree on the no. 1 genealogy website.” Regularly $26.99, sale priced at $16.19. Click HERE to shop.
- Ancestry.com Cheat Sheet: Keep this cheat sheet nearby whenever you’re searching Ancestry.com. It’ll keep you from getting lost in this huge genealogy website and help you maximize your subscription dollars. Regularly $9.99 USD, now just $7.49 USD – click HERE to purchase.
- Genetic Genealogy Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet outlines (in plain English) how you can get started using genealogical DNA testing to unpuzzle your own ancestry questions with at-a-glance charts, tips and resources. Regularly $9.99 USD, now just $7.49 USD – click HERE to purchase.
- Cloud Technology: Preservation and Organization: You’ve heard about the “cloud” in computing, but what does it mean and how can you use it for your genealogy? Let an engineer and genealogist explain the latest in cloud services and walk you through using one of the most popular, Dropbox, to preserve and organize your family history. Go beyond simply backing up your files in the cloud and learn how to safely share files and collaborate with cousins. Regularly $39.99 USD, now just $29.99 USD! Click HERE to shop!
- Things to Purge and Save: Don’t be a family history hoarder—but don’t toss genealogy treasures by mistake. Family Tree Magazine’s Family Archivist columnist Denise Levenick explains how to tell the difference. You’ll see why you might be hanging onto family history excess, how to handle an archival inheritance, and how to create a “watch list” for essential info. Develop a plan to future-proof your genealogy and deal with research clutter. Regularly $39.99 USD, now just $29.99 USD! Click HERE to shop!
Labor Day Sale runs through Monday, September 3rd and you must use promo code 25LABOR at checkout to save! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 50% at Findmypast!* “Get 50% off a 1-month Ultimate British & Irish subscription today. Let’s find your ancestors’ stories with our exclusive records. With twice the Irish records of any other site. Discover your British and Irish roots today at Findmypast.”
Exclusive family history records:
- United States Marriages: When complete, this will be the largest collection of its type online
- UK Parish Records: The largest collection online dating back to 1538
- Irish Records: The largest collection online including 10 million Catholic Parish Records
- PERiodical Source Index (PERSI): Now the only place to access this rich resource of publications online
- Travel & Migration: Millions of passenger lists and naturalization records to trace your family’s arrival in North America
Regularly $19.95 USD, now just $9.95 USD for the first month. Sale valid through September 5th. Click HERE to shop – via Findmypast
*Offer valid for NEW CUSTOMERS only. After the initial offer period, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the normal price unless you un-tick the ‘auto-renew my subscription’ box in the My Account section of the site.
FREE ACCESS to US Yearbook Records at Ancestry.com! It’s back to school time and this means a stroll down memory lane through Ancestry’s US Yearbook Collection. Now through September 7th, you can access up to five (5) yearbook records for FREE! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry
*Users will be able to access up to 5 records in the featured collection for free until September 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. After the 5 free records have been accessed or after the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collection using an Ancestry Membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collection, please click here.
IMPORTANT! Earlier this week, the price dropped to 90% off – just $2.99 USD and then went back up to $14.99 USD in a few hours. There is no way to know how long this sale will last so please click the link and check the price BEFORE completing your purchase!
Save 94% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy eBook from Amazon Kindle – “See what genetic testing for ancestry can do for you. This ebook discusses how to use DNA testing in genealogy, from selecting the best test to interpreting your DNA test results and branching out your genealogical family tree.”
Normally $29.99 USD in print, the price for the Amazon Kindle version is just $1.80 USD! Click HERE to save – via Amazon
But I Don’t Have a Kindle Device! Read On . . .
Did you know that Amazon provides a FREE Kindle App that you can install on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or most any smart device? Click HERE to download the app . . . and don’t worry, the app is “responsive” which means it will know which version you need!
I have the Kindle App on my iPad and it works just like a Kindle device! I can change the font size, the word space and the lighting as well.
Save up to 50% on DNA Boot Camps and Midwest DNA digital downloads! Isn’t it about time you put your DNA test results to work for your genealogy and family history research? To celebrate Labor Day Weekend, all DNA Boot Camp and Midwest DNA digital downloads produced by Hack Genealogy are ON SALE! Save up to 50% off the regular price and no promo code needed – savings are automatic at time of purchase! Sale valid through Monday, September 3rd. Click HERE for pricing information – via Hack Genealogy
Labor Day Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies.
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Sale valid through Monday, September 3rd. Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.