Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, September 24, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- NEW! American Ancestors: FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save over 76% on Google Your Genealogy MEGA Collection – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save 66% on Mastering Google Drive Toolkit – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Importance of Newspapers for Family Research – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: Upload your DNA test data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and others for FREE before December 1st! – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save over 76% on Google Your Genealogy MEGA Collection from Family Tree Magazine! “In today’s world, 90 percent of your genealogy can be done from the comfort of home, and Google’s numerous free features are the portal to new family history finds. Google is a powerful tool for discovering online information about your ancestors and it is packed with many free features to enhance your family history research. This valuable collection will power your Google searches so you can build a stronger family tree.”
- The Genealogist’s Google Toolbox: This book helps you stuff your genealogy tooblox with FREE state-of-the-art Internet tools that are built to search, translate, message and span the globe.
- Google Drive & Docs In 30 Minutes: This book covers the most important time-saving features and productivity tools of Google’s free online office suite. Learn how to create and format reports in Google Docs, enter spreadsheet data into Google Sheets, give a slideshow presentation in Google Slides, and much more.
- Googling Your Genealogy: Google is perhaps the most powerful weapon in the genealogist’s toolbox. Prepare to become a web wizard with this hour-long webinar.
- Genealogist’s Google Cheat Sheet: The Genealogist’s Google Cheat Sheet will help you use the power of Google to discover genealogy and ancestor information online. Make the most of Google’s free tools including Search, Translate, Books, News Archive, Images, Patent Search and more.
- 5 Google Secrets Revealed: Learn how to use Google more effectively with these 5 Google secrets for your genealogy research.
- Google Surname Search Secrets: Discover tips and tricks to turn up your ancestors with common surnames—and weed out irrelevant search results to save time.
- Step-by-Step Guide: Google: Genealogy and Google go hand in hand—and not just for ancestor searches. Try these 13 tricks to master the Web giant’s other handy family history features.
- Google Translate Crash Course: Tracing ancestors overseas often involves decrypting foreign-language records. Learn how to translate words, phrases, documents and webpages with this cool Google tool.
- How to Use Google Alerts for Genealogy: In this video, you’ll learn how to make Google send you email notifications on specific keywords related to your genealogy, such as surnames or places.
- Google Earth for Genealogists: With Google Earth for Genealogists, you’ll tap into the program’s robust features to bring depth and a new perspective to your family history research. View your ancestral homeland, overlay historical maps, input photos to tell your ancestor’s story and much more!
- Google for Genealogy: Whether you’re just beginning to learn the basics of Gmail, or are an experienced internet-junkie looking to leverage features like Google Books and Google+, this course on Google for Genealogy is for you.
Regularly $417.96 USD, now just $99.99 USD! Click HERE to shop via Family Tree Magazine
NEW! Save 66% on Mastering Google Drive Toolkit from Family Tree Magazine – “You already know how powerful Google’s search engine is for finding information on your family history, but have you tapped into the power of using Google Drive for your genealogy? This Toolkit will help you master Google Drive, from creating and editing text documents to adding spreadsheets to creating presentations, even storing and editing photos, customizing maps, and other utilities. You’ll get templates you can upload straight to Google Drive, tips for making the most of spreadsheets to keep track of your ancestors and research, and more.
Best of all, the Mastering Google Drive Toolkit features digital products you can download right away. No waiting for items to ship; you can start learning all the features of Google Drive immediately.”
Regularly $103.91 USD, you pay just $34.99 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution presented by genealogist Kathy Kaldis, Thursday, September 28th, 3:00 pm EDT – “The countdown to the 250th Anniversary of the American Revolutionary War has begun. Becoming a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) is a wonderful way to honor and pay tribute to your ancestors who provided service during the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783). Join Genealogist Kathy Kaldis to learn about the NSDAR membership application process from start to finish.”
Click HERE to register for free – via American Ancestors/New England Historic Genealogical Society
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 76% on German Genealogy Research Collection during Oktoberfest Sale at Family Tree Magazine! “Many Americans claim German ancestry – so many in fact, that it’s the largest, and with German lineage comes rich history – and a lot of records, with more being added online all the time. That makes this collection perfect for anyone who wants to do research on the German branches of their family tree. This collection is packed with the must-know info and research techniques for tracing your German roots, from finding your ancestor’s home village to using translate tools, cheat sheets, and other techniques to decipher what you find. Plus, you’ll get the historical background that drove emigration, changed your ancestor’s borders and nationality, and affected their daily lives.”
Click HERE for a detailed description of each item listed above/
Regularly $328.89 USD, now just $79.99 USD* – you save over $250 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Advertised price valid through 9/30 or while supplies last.
FREE WEBINAR Importance of Newspapers for Family Research presented by Daniel Horowitz, MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, September 25th, 1:00 pm Central – “Newspapers are a key tool to get information about families in all kind of announcements; but not everybody knows how and where to access them. But the most recent revolution in newspaper technology was done with MyHeritage’s Record Matching new technology, designed to automatically find historical records for families in newspapers, comparing important metadata like places and dates. Learn how this technology works and how it benefits the users and the newspapers as well.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
LAST DAY! Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
FREE DNA Data Upload to MyHeritage DNA until December 1st! Have you uploaded your AncestryDNA test data (or other DNA test data) to MyHeritage yet? You can now do this for FREE and check out the ethnicity estimates and start matching with others on MyHeritage. Click HERE to get started! Remember, according to the latest update from MyHeritage, on and after December 1st, 2018 there will be a FEE for uploading your DNA test data from another vendor. Any data uploaded PRIOR to December 1st will have access to all DNA matching and other features and they will be “grandfathered in” with no future charges.
We expect to hear more information from MyHeritage DNA as the December 1st deadline gets closer and you can stay tuned here at Abundant Genealogy or at DNA Bargains for the latest news. To access the free upload feature at MyHeritage DNA, visit https://dnabargains.com/myheritageofferupload.
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.