Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, September 10, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- American Ancestors: FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution – CLICK HERE
- DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Family Tree Magazine: Save up to 57% on an annual subscription to Family Tree Magazine – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 20% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing with promo code ADOPTEE20 – CLICK HERE
- LAST DAY! Findmypast: FREE ACCESS WEEKEND – over 2.7 Billion records available! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Examining Migration & Researching Migrants in the British Isles – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: End of Summer Sale! MyHeritage DNA for just $59 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- Vitagene: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene with promo code DNA50 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save up to 57% on Family Tree Magazine – America’s #1 Genealogy Magazine! “FAMILY TREE MAGAZINE, America’s #1 family history magazine, is the leading how-to publication for those who want to discover, preserve and celebrate their roots. It covers all areas of potential interest to family history enthusiasts, reaching beyond strict genealogy research to include ethnic heritage, family reunions, memoirs, oral history, scrapbooking, historical travel and other ways that families connect with their pasts. FAMILY TREE MAGAZINE strives to provide engaging, easy-to-understand instruction that empowers readers to take the next steps in the quest for their pasts—with a beginner-friendly approach that makes genealogy a hobby anyone can do.”
There are various options available for your Family Tree Magazine subscription:
- Print Subscription: $27 USD/year
- Digital Subscription: $19.96 USD/year
- Print + Digital Subscription: $32 USD/year
- Premium Membership: $49.99 USD/year (includes 17 year online archive of Family Tree Magazine)
- VIP Membership: $59.99 USD/year (Premium Membership PLUS 10% discount on all Family Tree Shop purchases PLUS free US shipping on any size order)
Click HERE to shop -via Family Tree Magazine
Save 55% and get Family Tree Magazine on Amazon Kindle
If you are an Amazon Kindle user, you can get an annual subscription to Family Tree Magazine for just $21.99 USD – 55% off the regular subscription price! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Examining Migration & Researching Migrants in the British Isles presented by Julie Goucher, Wednesday, September 12th, 7:00 pm Central – “In this presentation we shall examine the reasons for migration and focus on the individual migration groups coming to the British Isles. The United Kingdom is in an interesting position in that it sits within Europe and yet also has been a focal point of Empire, some of which influenced migrants. We shall also explore some of the research opportunities for each of those migration groups.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
FREE WEBINAR Come Join the Revolution: Applying to the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution presented by genealogist Kathy Kaldis, Thursday, September 28th, 3:00 pm EDT – “The countdown to the 250th Anniversary of the American Revolutionary War has begun. Becoming a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) is a wonderful way to honor and pay tribute to your ancestors who provided service during the American Revolutionary War (1775–1783). Join Genealogist Kathy Kaldis to learn about the NSDAR membership application process from start to finish.”
Click HERE to register for free – via American Ancestors/New England Historic Genealogical Society
Save 20% on The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing + FREE SHIPPING! from Family Tree Magazine! “Thanks to DNA testing, it’s never been easier for adoptees, foundlings, and others of unknown parentage to find their birth families. But how can DNA tests help you connect to family, and what do your results mean? Enter this book: a comprehensive guide to adoption genealogy that will give you the resources you need to find your long-lost family with DNA. This book will cover all the basics of genetic testing, plus how your DNA results from services like AncestryDNA and 23andMe can help you build out your family tree.”
The Adoptee’s Guide to DNA Testing features:
- Strategies for connecting to previous generations, including how to reach out to potential relatives
- Detailed guides for using DNA tests and tools, plus how to analyze your test results and apply them to research
- Inspiring real-life success stories that put the book’s techniques into practice
Regularly $29.99 USD, you pay just $23.99 USD* when you use promo code ADOPTEE20. This sale is valid through Saturday, September 15th – click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
* Use code ADOPTEE20 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends September 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
LAST DAY! FREE ACCESS WEEKEND* at Findmypast! Get FREE ACCESS to over 2.7 BILLION records this weekend at Findmypast! This offer is valid through Monday, September 10th and for the duration of the free access period, all who register an account with Findmypast will be able to access all of the following resources for free:
- Millions of records you won’t find anywhere else, including Home Office records, Police files, millions of England & Wales Crime, prisons & punishment records and original documents from the British India Office.
- Civil birth, marriage and death records dating back to the early 19th century.
- The largest online collection of UK parish records, dating back to the early 1500s.
- The most comprehensive online collection of British Military service records.
- The largest collection of Irish family history records available online, with more than twice the number available on any other family history website.
- The 1939 register, one of the most important twentieth century genealogical resources for England and Wales.
- Passenger lists for ships sailing to and from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, North America and beyond.
- The largest online collection of England & Wales Electoral registers, containing more than 220 million names.
- The exclusive Catholic Heritage Archive, a ground-breaking initiative that aims to digitize the historical records of the Catholic Church in North America, Britain and Ireland for the very first time.
Use the following links to get started:
- US and Canada: click HERE
- UK: click HERE
- Australia: click HERE
- Ireland: click HERE
Have a great weekend of exploring and searching at Findmypast – free access valid through Monday, September 10th, 2018.
*British, Irish, US and World Newspapers, the PERiodical Source Index, UK Electoral Registers 2002-2014 and UK Companies House Directors 2002-2014 are not included in this free access promotion. Free access begins on 7 September at 09.00 (BST) and ends on 10 September at 23.59 (BST).
End of Summer Sale at MyHeritage DNA – $59 USD! For just $59 USD you can get the popular autosomal DNA test kit similar to AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA and other DNA testing companies. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS receive your results much faster than other companies. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Special MyHeritage Offer for Canadian Residents!
This special limited time promotion is also available to residents of Canada! Pay just $79 CAD for MyHeritage DNA and also take advantage of the free shipping offer. Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
The Vitagene Health Report product uses your raw DNA file from 23andme, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage. Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code DNA50 at checkout! Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018 – “Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings! Click HERE to register!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.