Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, October 29, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- FINAL DAY! Amazon: $0.99 Genealogy E-Book Sale! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 20% on the Best Family History Projects eBook with promo code FAMILY20 – CLICK HERE!
- Family Tree Magazine: Save an additional 20% on Family Tree Factbook! – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Take 50% off ALL DNA Downloads during Spooky Sale – use promo code SPOOKYSALE at checkout – CLICK HERE
- Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: Save during MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Research, Write, Connect!: Save 40% on ALL ONLINE COURSES with promo code SPOOKY18 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
THIS WEEK ONLY! Save 40% off the regular price of ALL courses at Research, Write, Connect! You must use coupon code SPOOKY18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through Thursday, November 1st! Click HERE to save – via Research, Write, Connect!
- Write Stuff I: Telling the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff II: Advancing the Story, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
- Write Stuff: Telling the Story – Homeschooling, regularly priced at $149.00 USD, now just $89.40 USD – click HERE to shop!
Sale valid through Thursday, November 1st, 2018.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
FREE WEBINAR Privacy Issues with Online Family Trees presented by E. Randol Schoenberg – Wednesday, October 31st, 1:00 pm Central – “Privacy remains a huge issue for many genealogists and their family members. Personal genealogy websites, as well as Online Collaborative Trees available at Geni, MyHeritage, Ancestry, WikiTree, WeRelate, FamilySearch and OneGreatFamily, each offer different levels of privacy protections. The lecture will discuss the varied approaches to the question of privacy, focusing especially on legal and ethical considerations. For example, how should a genealogist respond if someone says she does not want to be on your online tree? Should minors be allowed to use online genealogy platforms? Can the right to privacy ever be reconciled with online collaborative genealogy? As genealogists increasingly utilize public, or semi-public online collaborative genealogy platforms, these questions are becoming more common. The lecture will use real-world examples to analyze the problems and proposed solutions.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Save 20% on the Best Family History Projects eBook at Family Tree Magazine! “These simple family history projects will help you use your research in new and exciting ways, with practical tips and strategies for publishing your genealogy in a report or blog, printing decorative family trees, saving your research in the cloud and more. You can also get the whole family excited about ancestry with this eBook’s family-friendly genealogy projects for kids.”
Regularly $14.99 USD, you pay just $11.99 USD with promo code FAMILY20 at checkout! This sale is valid through Wednesday, October 31st. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
Save 50% on ALL DNA DOWNLOADS! Special SPOOKY SALE at Hack Genealogy! Don’t miss this opportunity – get ANY DNA Boot Camp digital download for 50% off starting now through October 31st! Includes:
DNA Boot Camp
Regularly $25.99 USD each, you pay just $12.50 USD each when you use promo code SPOOKYSALE at check out!
And don’t forget this sale also applies to the new DNA Boot Camp Bundle! You get all 8 recorded DNA Boot Camps from 2017 and 2018 PLUS you’ll receive the recording of the upcoming GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence boot camp materials once they are released on November 19th, 2018! Regularly $199.99 USD, you pay just $99.99 USD with promo code SPOOKYSALE – click HERE to save!
Regularly $14.99 USD each, you pay just $7.50 USD each when you use promo code SPOOKYSALE at check out!
And don’t forget this sale also applies to the Midwest DNA Bundle! You get all 5 recorded Midwest DNA Boot Camps at one low price! Regularly $79.99 USD, you pay just $39.99 USD with promo code SPOOKYSALE – click HERE to save!
Visit http://hackgenealogy.com/features/store/ and use promo code SPOOKYSALE when you check out. Remember, this sale is valid through Wednesday, October 31st, 2018.
FINAL DAY! Save up to 86% on Genealogy E-books by Thomas MacEntee – Only $0.99 USD each! Now is your chance to stock on any of 12 titles by genealogy educator and author Thomas MacEntee! You can save as much as 86% with all Amazon Kindle e-books priced at just $0.99 USD!
Click HERE to view my author page at Amazon and select the e-book or e-books of your choice! Titles include:
- 500 Best Genealogy & Family History Tips
- After You’re Gone: Future Proofing Your Genealogy Research
- Digitization Options for Family Photos: Including Slides, Film Negatives, and Home Movies
- DNA Buying Guide
- Family History Trippin’ – A Guide to Planning a Genealogy Research Trip
- Guide to Wolfram|Alpha for Genealogy and Family History Research
- Pinning Your Family History
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories
- Staying Safe with Social Media: A Guide for Genealogy and Family History
- The 15 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists
- The Password Trick: How To Use a Different Password for Every Website
Sale valid through Monday, October 29th, 2018. *Note: $0.99 USD offer does NOT include the print version of The Genealogy Do-Over Workbook available on Amazon.
Save an Extra 20% on Family Tree Factbook: Key Genealogy Tips and Stats for the Busy Researcher. This convenient, time-saving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites. Read my extensive review of Family Tree Factbook HERE!
Family Tree Factbook is available in print (click HERE) as well as in e-book format (click HERE). Purchase BEFORE November 18th, 2018, using promo code FACTBOOK20 and save an extra 20% of the sale price! Regularly priced $24.99 USD, sale priced $15.99 USD. now just $12.79 USD with promo code!
* Use code FACTBOOK20 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends November 18, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
Spooky savings during MyHeritage Halloween DNA Sale – just $59 USD! Uncover your ethnic origins and find new relatives with our simple DNA test.
- The highest technological standards meet the most affordable price on the market.
- Your DNA reveals your unique heritage — the ethnic groups and geographic regions you originate from.
- Find new relatives you never knew existed through your shared DNA.
Here are the amazing prices during the MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale:
- MyHeritage DNA US – just $59 USD
- MyHeritage DNA Canada – just $79 CAD
- MyHeritage DNA UK – just £59 GBP
Sale prices valid through October 31st. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
Save 75% off the print version of Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide! Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Sale valid through October 31st. Click HERE – via Amazon
Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters LLC on Saturday, November 17th, 2018 as sge shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program. Mary will also walk you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. The webinars are moderated by genealogy author and educator Thomas MacEntee and Mary Eberle will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.