Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Monday, August 6, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- 23andMe: Summer Travel Sale – Save 30% on All 23andMe DNA test kits – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Amazon: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree DNA: Save 20% and more on a variety of DNA test kits, bundles and upgrades – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save up to 40% on Ancestry.com Guides – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Fold3: Save 25% on Annual Subscription! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Larsen Digital: Win a FREE PHOTO RESTORATION valued at $49.99 USD! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Genealogical Proof for the Novice Genealogist – CLICK HERE
Giveaway: Win a FREE PHOTO RESTORATION from Larsen Digital
Do you have a precious family photo that is damaged due to age or some mishap? Did you know that it is possible to have a restored version of your photo created so you can share with family and friends?
Larsen Digital, a trusted media digitization company based in Salt Lake City, Utah and used by many genealogists, is offering a special Photo Restoration Giveaway now through Tuesday, August 14th! You could win a FREE photo restoration just by sending in a quick snapshot of your old, tattered photo that needs to be restored.
Here’s how you can win a FREE PHOTO RESTORATION, valued at $49.99 USD:
- Scan your damaged family photo so you have a digital file copy OR use your smartphone to take a photo of the damaged photo.
- Click HERE to upload the photo on the Photo Restoration Giveaway page (you will need a Facebook account).
- ALSO tell us the story behind the photo – why is this photo special to you and your family? The story behind each photo is what makes this whole process so special.
The deadline for submitting your photo is Tuesday, August 14th. One (1) lucky person will have their photo selected and the winner will be announced on Wednesday, August 15th at the Genealogy Bargains Facebook page.
The winning photo will be displayed on the Larsen Digital and Genealogy Bargains websites as well as their social media channels for promotional purposes only. By submitting a photo to the Larsen Digital Photo Restoration Giveaway, you are NOT surrendering any rights or copyright to your family photo.
This prize is valued at $49.99 USD and you could win if you enter by 11:59 pm CDT on Tuesday, August 14th, 2018. Click HERE to enter!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! FREE WEBINAR Genealogical Proof for the Novice Genealogist presented by Annette Burke Lyttle, Wednesday, August 8th, 7:00 pm Central – “How do you know if the facts you’ve uncovered are correct? How do you avoid attaching somebody else’s ancestors to your family tree? This introduction to the Genealogical Proof Standard will get your research moving in the right direction from the beginning and help you avoid errors and frustration.” Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
NEW! Save 25% on Fold3 Annual Subscription! “Get access to everything on Fold3, including many military records you won’t find elsewhere online.”
- Revolutionary War Service & Pension Records
- Civil War Service Records Confederate & Union
- Civil War Widows Pensions
- War of 1812 Pension Applications & Service Records
- Mexican War Service Records
- World War II Photos & Records
- World War II Draft Cards
- Australia WWI & WII Service Records
- British Army WWI Service Records
- U.K. WWI War Diaries
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Soldier Service Records
- U.K. Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner Admission and Discharge Records
- Plus many more
Normally $79.95 USD, pay just $59.95 USD now through August 31st. Click HERE to save – via fold3
NEW! Save 75% on Research Like a Pro e-book! Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Click HERE – via Amazon
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save up to 40% on Ancestry.com Guides from Family Tree Magazine!* “Ancestry.com keeps growing, and the site has numerous ways of helping you expand your family tree. But where do you start researching, and how do you get around the huge and ever-changing site? Family Tree has you covered with our Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition and Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook. These two guides give you countless tips and tricks to maximize your Ancestry.com searching. First, get started with the Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition to discover hands-on knowledge, helpful hints, step-by-step instructions for your results and much more! Then, get our Unofficial Ancestry.com Workbook to put the techniques you learned in the unofficial guide to practice in typable forms!”
Want to buy them both at the same time? Check out Family Tree’s Guides to Making the Most of Ancestry.com Bundle and save 40% off retail – regularly $48.98 USD, now just $29.38 USD! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*Sale valid through August 31st or until supplies last.
Save 51% on Avery Acid-Free Sheet Protectors via Amazon! “Need a project organizer that lasts for the long haul? Protect documents, records, photos and more with these durable heavy duty sheet protectors. Each heavy duty sheet protector is constructed from acid-free and archival safe polypropylene and won’t lift print, making them great for protecting irreplaceable photos, valuable collector cards and other prized items against dirt, debris and liquid. A helpful Easy Load feature makes loading letter-size sheets into the top of the Avery Heavyweight Sheet Protectors quick and easy, saving you time and boosting your productivity, while a clear binding edge makes a professional presentation for your documents. The heavy duty plastic sheet protectors are perfect for organizing planners, schoolwork, reference manuals and more. You can even use a dry erase marker to jot down notes on your poly sheet protectors. This pack of 100 non-glare heavyweight sheet protectors provides the long-term protection your frequently used documents, reports, recipes or photos need to stay in tip-top condition.”
Regularly $24.49 USD for a 100 count box, you pay just $11.99 USD plus get FREE SHIPPING if you have an Amazon Prime membership! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
Save 20% or more on Family Finder DNA test kit and more at Family Tree DNA! Family Tree DNA is holding its annual Summer Sale starting today through August 31st. “Celebrate summer with hot savings and discover your unique DNA story. Follow the path of your ancestors and discover your unique DNA story with FamilyTreeDNA’s industry-leading tests.”
- The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79 USD, now just $59 USD!
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169 USD, now just $129 USD! Save $40 USD! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Examines 500 short tandem repeats and 100K SNPs on the Y chromosome. Note: The Big Y-500 includes the Y-111 please do not remove this from your shopping cart. Regularly $649 USD, now just $499 USD! Save $150 USD! Click HERE
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199 USD, now just $149 USD! Save $50 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248 USD, now just $178 USD! Save $70 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle with all the bells and whistles! Family Finder plus our 67 marker Y-DNA test. Regularly $347 USD, now just $317 USD! Save $30 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278 USD, now just $198 USD! Save $80 USD! Click HERE
- Family Finder + Y-67 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 67 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $546 USD, now just $456 USD! Save $90 USD! Click HERE
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with Family Tree DNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
The Family Tree DNA Summer Sale is valid through August 31st so don’t delay – this is a once a year event! Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
Summer Travel Sale – Save 30% on ALL 23andMe DNA test kits! If you missed out on the amazing sale prices for 23andMe during Amazon Prime Day, here’s your chance to still get great savings! During the 23andMe Summer Travel Sale, you can get the 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit – a basic autosomal DNA test similar to AncestryDNA – regularly priced at $99 USD, for just $69 USD! And the 23andMe Ancestry Service + Health test, regularly priced at $199 USD, is just $139 USD! Sale valid through August 9th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.