Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, October 19, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on The Family Tree Toolkit by Kenyatta Berry! – CLICK HERE
- Amazon: Get AncestryDNA for just $69 USD plus FREE SHIPPING! – CLICK HERE
- AncestryDNA: Save 30% on AncestryDNA – just $69 USD during Family History Month Sale – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save an additional 20% on Family Tree Factbook! – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 50% on ALL Family Tree Guidebooks! – CLICK HERE
- Flip-Pal: HUGE Savings on special Flip-Pal mobile scanner bundle! – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – CLICK HERE
- Legacy Family Tree: BCG Free Day of Quality Genealogy Education – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage: Save during MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale – just $59 USD! – CLICK HERE
- Research, Write, Connect!: Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story online course with promo code FALL18 – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 30% GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp! Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program, AND walks you through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. Mary will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Click HERE for more information and to register – via Hack Genealogy
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Spooky savings during MyHeritage Halloween DNA Sale – just $59 USD! Uncover your ethnic origins and find new relatives with our simple DNA test.
- The highest technological standards meet the most affordable price on the market.
- Your DNA reveals your unique heritage — the ethnic groups and geographic regions you originate from.
- Find new relatives you never knew existed through your shared DNA.
Here are the amazing prices during the MyHeritage DNA Halloween Sale:
- MyHeritage DNA US – just $59 USD
- MyHeritage DNA Canada – just $79 CAD
- MyHeritage DNA UK – just £59 GBP
Sale prices valid through October 31st. Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage
Free Shipping Offer at MyHeritage DNA
BONUS! Get FREE SHIPPING when you order 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits! No promo code needed – discount calculated at checkout! Limited Time Offer – DON’T DELAY! Click HERE to shop and don’t delay! – via MyHeritage
BCG Free Day of Quality Genealogy Education available online! Top genealogists Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, Elissa Scalise Powell, Rebecca Whitman Koford, Thomas W. Jones, and Judy G. Russell will present five one-hour lectures held at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City Friday, 19 October 2018 between 9 AM and 4:30 PM mountain U.S. time. The lectures are free and open to the public (registration is not required), and sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists. All will be broadcast online (free registration is required, see below). The board is an independent certifying body and author of the updated 2014 Genealogy Standards.
Times, topics, and speakers:
- 9:00 AM – “Past Conflict Repatriation: The Role of Genealogists and Methodology in Fulfilling Our Nation’s Promise” Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG
- 10:30 AM – “Deeper Analysis: Techniques for Successful Problem Solving” Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
- 1:00 PM – “John Jacob Kramer: Case Study of Mistaken Identity among Revolutionary War Soldiers” Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG, CGL
- 2:15 PM – “Using Indirect and Negative Evidence to Prove Unrecorded Events” Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL
- 3:30 PM – “The Discriminating Genealogist: Telling Good Evidence from Bad” Judy G. Russell, CG, CGL
All five classes will be broadcast online by BCG’s webinar partner, Legacy Family Tree Webinars. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/BCG to sign up individually (free), or click HERE to sign up for multiple classes at once.
Save up to 50% on pre-order of The Family Tree Toolkit: A Comprehensive Guide to Uncovering Your Ancestry and Researching Genealogy by Kenyatta Berry! This book is guaranteed to be the HOTTEST genealogy book this Fall! “The popularity of Family History has increased over the past five years due to TV shows like Genealogy Roadshow, Finding Your Roots, and Who Do You Think You Are? The ability to access records online has opened up the one time hobby for genealogy enthusiasts to the mainstream.
While this is not a comprehensive guide to all things genealogy, it is a roadmap to help you on this journey of discovery, whether you are looking for your African Asian, European, or Jewish ancestry. The Family History Toolkit guides you on how and where to begin, what records are available both online and in repositories, what to do once you find the information, how to share your story and of course DNA discoveries.”
AncestryDNA just $69 USD plus FREE SHIPPING via Amazon! This is an amazing sale for AncestryDNA on Amazon and it is running in conjunction with the AncestryDNA Family History Sale announced earlier today (click HERE for information.)
Pay just $69 USD via Amazon PLUS get FREE SHIPPING if you are an Amazon Prime member! Click HERE to shop for AncestryDNA via Amazon.
If you do not have a Prime Membership at Amazon, click HERE to sign up for a FREE 30-day trial!
Save an Extra 20% on Family Tree Factbook: Key Genealogy Tips and Stats for the Busy Researcher. This convenient, time-saving collection of genealogy hacks gathers the best resources, tips, lists and need-to-know facts from the experts at Family Tree Magazine. Inside, you’ll find fast facts about a variety of family history topics, such as important dates in US history, the different kinds of DNA tests, and how to use the best genealogy websites. Read my extensive review of Family Tree Factbook HERE!
Family Tree Factbook is available in print (click HERE) as well as in e-book format (click HERE). Purchase BEFORE November 18th, 2018, using promo code FACTBOOK20 and save an extra 20% of the sale price! Regularly priced $24.99 USD, sale priced $15.99 USD. now just $12.79 USD with promo code!
* Use code FACTBOOK20 at checkout to apply your discount. Sale ends November 18, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
Save 30% during AncestryDNA Family History Month Sale – just $69 USD! There’s no other family quite like yours, and AncestryDNA® can help you find a deeper connection to the people and places that shaped your unique story. Regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD! Sale valid through Sunday, October 21st! Click HERE to save – via AncestryDNA
NEW! Save with Ancestry Discovery Pack!
The Ancestry Discovery Pack combines advanced DNA science with billions of historical records to give you a more complete picture of your past. You get AncestryDNA® + U.S. Discovery 6-month membership – this make a great gift for a friend, a family member or for you!
Regularly $198 USD if purchased separately, pay just $99* USD – you save 50%! Click HERE for more details!
*Offer ends October 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid for new Ancestry subscribers only. Excludes taxes and shipping. $198 price represents cost if items are purchased separately at standard price. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 6-month offer. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section or by contacting us. See our Renewal and Cancellation Terms for further details.
Save 50% on ALL Family Tree Guidebooks at Family Tree Magazine! “Family Tree Magazine is celebrating Family History month in a big way. Every week, Family Tree Shop will have exclusive savings and deals. The deal changes each week, so check back to see the new sale every Sunday. This week save 50% on all Family Tree Guide Books! Prices are as marked but don’t wait, this sale ends Saturday!
Not sure where to get started in your genealogy research? Check out Family Tree Guide Books! These exceptional guides include expert information and ready-to-use example formatting that is ideal for anyone looking to dig into their ancestry. Whether your ancestors are from Ireland, Italy, or Poland, we have a country-specific guide book to help you research like a pro. Plus, many of the books have an eBook version also available so you can take your research on-the-go. Whatever you are looking for, Family Tree’s guide books can help you get started discovering your roots.”
- The Family Tree Italian Genealogy Guide
- The Family Tree Irish Genealogy Guide
- The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy
- The Family Tree Scottish Genealogy Guide
- The Family Tree Polish, Czech, and Slovak Genealogy Guide
- The Family Tree German Genealogy Guide
Shop now and save 50%*! No promo code needed, items priced as marked, and sale valid through Saturday, October 20th. Click HERE to save – via Family Tree Magazine
*No coupon code necessary. Prices are as marked. Sale ends October 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm MT. Sale excludes live courses, subscriptions, gift cards, bundles, kits, and third-party products. Sale valid on Family History Month Savings category only. Other exclusions may apply. Not valid with other offers.
Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story from Research, Write, Connect! The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code FALL18 at checkout to receive your discount! Sale valid through October 31st.
Save BIG on Genealogy Bargains Value Pack at Flip-Pal mobile scanner! I LOVE my Flip-Pal mobile scanner – it is in my backpack or wheelie bag with my laptop wherever I go. I’ve used it to scan family photos when visiting relatives, I’ve even scanned photos in frames on the wall! And I’ve scanned military medals, jewelry and more.
Save $34 with the Genealogy Bargains Value Pack from Flip-Pal! Regularly $228.96, now just $194.96 – you receive:
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner model 100C
- Deluxe Carry Case
- Sketch Kit
- Preserving Your Family’s Oral History and Stories ebook by Thomas MacEntee
Click HERE to shop via Flip-Pal
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.