FREE WEBINAR Mistrust Transcriptions: And Here’s Why presented by Dr. Bruce Durie via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
FREE WEBINAR Mistrust Transcriptions: And Here’s Why presented by Dr. Bruce Durie, Wednesday, May 27th, 2:00 pm Eastern / 1:00 pm Central / 12:00 pm Mountain / 11:00 am Pacific. I think we’ve all been there…we find a transcribed Birth/Baptism, Marriage, Death/Burial or Census entry, and it either 1) looks completely wrong, 2) looks too good to be true, 3) has no supporting citation or source information. So, how do we know 1) where it came from? 2) whether it’s actually correct, or even complete? 3) what the transcriptional errors might be? The answer, of course, is to find the original document. But that isn’t always possible. Particular bug-bears are 1) the dreaded “Selected Births and Baptisms, Scotland” 2) census transcriptions, 3) indexes, 4) online Family Trees. Join Dr. Bruce Durie for a Cautionary Tales tour of some of the worst offenders and howlers, and gives hints and suggestions as to how to get around them.
Click HERE to register for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars. This lecture is FREE, but seating is limited to the first 1,000 attendees and promises to fill up fast! Make sure you log in at least 15 minutes before start time!
If you CANNOT attend the live event or the webinar fills up, DON’T WORRY! You can watch the recording of Mistrust Transcriptions: And Here’s Why for FREE using the same registration link ABOVE through Tuesday, June 2nd.
Presenter: Dr. Bruce Durie
- “Celt-ish: Uncovering the Great ‘Celtic’ Conspiracy” (The History Press, late 2019/early 2020)
- “The American Declaration of Independence and the Declaration of Arbroath” (early 2020)
Other honours and awards:
- Shennachie (Genealogist and Historian) to the Chief of Durie
- Elected to the prestigious Académie Internationale de Généalogie (the only member from Scotland)
- Recently appointed Chartered Biologist (CBiol) by the Royal Biological Society for his work on the public understanding of Genetic Genealogy
- Founding Member of the Register of Qualified Genealogists (www.qualifiedgenealogists.org)
- Founding Member of the Editorial Board of two scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, Genealogy (www.mdpi.com/journal/genealogy) and The Journal of Genealogy and Family History (www.qualifiedgenealogists.org/ojs)
- Fulbright Senior Scottish Studies Scholar 2016, spending eight months researching “Scottish Migration into Colonial America” at St Andrews University, Laurinburg, North Carolina, USA
- Right of Audience at the Court of the Lord Lyon
More info at: www.brucedurie.co.uk
Save 15% on Legacy Family Tree Webinars Membership
All live webinars are free and their recordings are free to watch for the first seven (7) days. But with a subscription to FamilyTreeWebinars.com you get these additional benefits:
Save 15% on an Annual Membership at Legacy Family Tree: Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Visit http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=4438 for more information.
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved