Feeling cooped up? Expand your DNA and genealogy knowledge with these FREE webinars!
I know it is tough to ride out the current Covid-19/Coronavirus pandemic without being able to leave the house. One way to pass the time and actually learn more about genealogy is to take advantage of these FREE webinars!
Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Legacy Family Tree Webinars are often FREE and once the live, online event is over, the recording is available for a 7-day period. Click HERE to register for a webinar and to check the current schedule.
- City Directories: Much More than Ye Olde Phonebooks presented by Mike Mansfield, MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 2:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Central / 12:00pm Mountain /11:00am Pacific / 6:00pm GMT / 8:00pm IST
- Using Fold3.com to Your Advantage presented by by Craig R. Scott, MA, CG, FUGA, Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 2:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Central / 12:00pm Mountain / 11:00am Pacific / 6:00pm GMT
- ‘Stop Thief!’: British Crimes and Punishment presented by Carol Baxter, Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 9:00pm Eastern / 8:00pm Central / 7:00pm Mountain / 6:00pm Pacific, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 1:00am GMT / 12:00pm AEDT
- Betty Jeans Story – Forensic Genealogy, DNA and Adoption presented by Mags Gaulden, Wednesday, April 01, 2020, 2:00pm Eastern / 1:00pm Central / 12:00pm Mountain / 11:00am Pacific / 6:00pm GMT
New York Genealogical and Biographical Society (NYG&B)
In response to the Covid-19/Coronavirus pandemic and the need for genealogy educational materials, the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society (NYG&B) is offering 16 different FREE webinars! Starting March 17th through April 3rd, 2020, you can participate in the webinars below. Click HERE for schedule and to register for a webinar. Schedule subject to change.
- Before You Click: Developing an Online Research Plan
Tuesday, March 17, 4:00 pm ET | Presented by D. Joshua Taylor
- The Many Benefits of NYG&B Membership
Wednesday, March 18, 3:30 pm ET | Presented by Jennifer A. Davis
- Indexing New York: The New York Land Records Project
Thursday, March 19, 6:00 pm ET | Presented by Susan R. Miller
- Mapping Your New York Ancestors
Friday, March 20, 12:00 pm | Presented by Frederick Wertz
- Jewish Genealogy 101
Sunday, March 22, 1:00 pm ET | Presented by Lara Diamond
- An Introduction to Researching Hispanic Ancestry
Monday, March 23, 3:00 pm ET | Presented by Colleen Robledo Greene, MLIS
- Strategic Searching on Findmypast
Tuesday, March 24, 5:00 pm ET | Presented by Jennifer Baldwin
- Beginning Your African American Genealogy Journey
Wednesday, March 25, 2:00 pm ET | Presented by Kenyatta Berry
- How to Find New York State Death Certificates
Thursday, March 26, 7:00 pm ET | Presented by Susan R. Miller
- A Japanese American Family from 1902-1992: Finding Records to Recreate the Hirai Family Story
Friday, March 27, 2:00 pm ET | Presented by Linda Harms Okazaki, MA
- Finding Relatives in Russian Empire Records for non-Russian Speakers
Sunday, March 29, 1:00 pm ET | Presented by Lara Diamond
- Introducing the NYG&B’s Online Records Platform
Monday, March 30, 3:00 pm ET | Presented by Frederick Wertz
- Online Family Trees: Avoiding Pitfalls and Maximizing Possibilities
Tuesday, March 31, 12:00 pm ET | Presented by D. Joshua Taylor
- PERSI Across the Generations
Wednesday, April 1, 12:00 pm ET | Presented by Jen Baldwin
- Finding and Accessing New York State Birth Certificates: 1880s through the early-1900s
Thursday, April 2, 3:00 pm ET | Presented by Susan R. Miller
- Genealogy Resources of the Daughters of the American Revolution
Friday, April 3, 12:00 pm ET | Presented by: D. Joshua Taylor
Geneawebinars has news about upcoming hangouts, meetings and webinars offered throughout the online genealogy community. Many of the online events listed are FREE! Click HERE for the current calendar of upcoming webinars; click on each title for details and more info on how to register.
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee.