Through Abundant Genealogy, educator and author Thomas MacEntee is able to share not only curated items concerning genealogical research, but also hopes to encourage family historians of all ages to learn more about their roots and ultimately more about themselves.
Index of Resources
Genealogy Research Tools
A variety of tools to help you with your genealogy and family history research.
- 61 Free Genealogy Forms from Family Tree Magazine
- A Genealogist’s Packing List
- Family Story Form
- Family Story Toolbox
- Free Online Genealogy Education Resources
- English Genealogy Resources Guides
- Genealogy and Disasters
- Genealogy Future Proofing Action Plan
- Genealogy Research Checklist
- Genealogy Research Log
- Google for Genealogy Cheat Sheet
- Google Alerts for Genealogy Cheat Sheet
- Google Books for Genealogy Cheat Sheet
- Got Photos? Creating Keepsakes using Family Photos
- Metadata for Digital Images Cheat Sheet
- State Library Resources for Genealogy
- The Genealogy Superpower of a Name
- The Genealogy Superpower of an Address
- The Genealogy Superpower of an Occupation
- Tools for Translating and Transcribing Genealogy Documents
- Transportation Resources for Genealogical Research
- Using Yearbooks for Genealogy
- World War I – Ultimate Guide to Remembrance Weekend Resources
The Archive Lady
Are you looking for advice on how to research at an archive or repository? What about archiving your personal history artifacts and preserving them for the future? Abundant Genealogy is proud to present . . . The Archive Lady!
The Archive Lady column appears at Abundant Genealogy on alternate Thursdays at 9:00 am Central. Click here to access the current as well as past posts of The Archive Lady.
A regular advice column by Melissa Barker, archivist at the Houston County (TN) Archives, The Archive Lady will provide educational information and advice related to archival methods and research. If you have a question about researching in archives for The Archive Lady, send an email with your question to: email@example.com
Melissa Barker is a Certified Archives Records Manager currently working as the Houston County, Tennessee Archivist, a position she has held since 2010. She is also a Professional Genealogist lecturing, teaching and writing about the genealogy research process, researching in archives and records preservation. She conducts virtual webinar presentations all across the United States for genealogical and historical societies. She writes a popular blog entitled A Genealogist in the Archives. In 2016, she became the Reviews Editor for the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) magazine FORUM. She has written articles for many genealogy and archive publications such as the Society of American Archivists, Society of Tennessee Archivists, Ansearchin’ News and the FGS FORUM Magazine just to name a few. She has been researching her own family history for the past 26 years.
The Genealogy Do-Over
The Genealogy Do-Over column appears at Abundant Genealogy on the 1st day of each month at 10:00 am Central. Click here to access all of The Genealogy Do-Over posts.
My genealogy technology site – Hack Genealogy – has several videos covering topics such as Evernote, Facebook, Password Security and more! Click here to access all the videos for free.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.