These secret resources are right under your nose! Check out these State Library Resources for Genealogy
This week Free Download Friday is all about those little known genealogy gems that are waiting to be discovered! Did you know that most states have a set of online databases, some available only to their residents? And that you can access these databases from home? This was news to me, but I’ve since discovered that I can get access to some great (and expensive) databases for FREE just by having a local library card. Not every state provides this type of service, but if your state is listed below, check it out and see what you can find to help your genealogy research! And even if you aren’t a resident of that state, you’ll still find interesting and useful research information!
- Alabama: Alabama Virtual Library
- Alaska: SLED – Statewide Library Electronic Doorway
- Arkansas: Traveler Access
- Arizona: DAZL – Digital Arizona Library
- Colorado: Colorado Virtual Library
- Connecticut: researchIT CT
- Florida: Florida Electronic Library
- Georgia: GALILEO
- Hawaii: Hawaii State Public Library System
- Idaho: lili.org
- Illinois: TryIt! Illinois
- Indiana: INSPIRE
- Iowa: State Library of Iowa
- Kansas: Kansas Library eCard
- Kentucky: Kentucky Virtual Library
- Louisiana: Louisiana Library Connection
- Maine: MARVEL
- Maryland: SAILOR
- Massachusetts: Massachusetts Libraries
- Michigan: Michigan eLibrary
- Minnesota: ELM – Electronic Library for Minnesota
- Mississippi: Magnolia
- Nebraska: Nebraska Access
- Nevada: CLAN
- New Hampshire: NHew Link
- New Jersey: Jersey Clicks
- New Mexico: El Portal
- New York: NOVELNY
- North Carolina: NCLIVE
- North Dakota: ODIN
- Ohio: OPLIN
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma Digital Prairie
- Pennsylvania: Power Library
- Rhode Island: askri.org
- South Carolina: DISCUS
- South Dakota: South Dakota State Library
- Tennessee: TEL – Tennessee Electronic Library
- Texas: TexShare
- Utah: Utah’s Online Library
- Vermont: Vermont Online Library
- Virginia: FindIt Virginia
- West Virginia: wvinfodepot.org
- Wisconsin: BadgerLink
- Wyoming: gowyld.net
Click HERE to get this list in a printable PDF file and make sure you share it with your fellow genealogists and family historians!
Why is this FREE? What’s the Catch?
There really isn’t a catch. I give away a lot of free content every year because I want fellow genealogists and family historians to have access to the best tools and information for their research. I also do this because I’m hoping you might be interested in my other contents and websites where I do make money:
- Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene Using Your DNA Data from 23andMe, AncestryDNA and MyHeritage DNA! Click HERE to read my recent review “Vitagene – More than Just Another DNA Testing Company.” If you don’t want to spend the $199 USD it costs to get these reports at 23andMe, you can pay as little as $24.99 USD for the SAME REPORTS at Vitagene! Click HERE for more information!
Even if you never use one of my links for a purchase, I’m happy knowing that you are able to get education content that you can put into action for your ancestral search!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All content including images have been used by permission from each vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.