Finding Your Roots – Season 4, Episode 1 – The Impression
In the new season of Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. on PBS, this week’s episode featured comedian and writer Larry David and politician Bernie Sanders who are linked by one hilarious impersonation trace their roots from 1940s Brooklyn back to Jewish communities in Europe.
“Larry David discovers his German heritage by way of ancestors who settled in Mobile, Alabama in the mid-19th century — including one who became a slaveholding Confederate; Bernie Sanders gains greater understanding of his father’s dangerous childhood in Austrian Galicia during World War I.”
The episode is entitled The Impression and can now be viewed online – click HERE to access the video. Video access expires on October 31, 2017.
Upcoming Episodes of Finding Your Roots
The second episode of Season 4, entitled Unfamiliar Kin, is scheduled for next Tuesday evening, 10 October 2017, and features Fred Armisen, Carly Simon and Christopher Walken. “In this episode, three guests each learn about a grandparent whose real identity and background had been a mystery to them. Along the way, two of them also discover that their close relatives were on the wrong side of history. ”
Check the listings for your local PBS station – most stations will air the episode at 8:00 pm.
Finding Your Roots Season 4 Schedule
Following is the broadcast schedule for the new season of Finding Your Roots on PBS:
- Tues., Oct. 10, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Unfamiliar Kin” with Fred Armisen, Carly Simon and Christopher Walken
- Tues., Oct. 17, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Puritans and Pioneers” with Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen and William H. Macy
- Tues., Oct. 24, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “The Vanguard” with Ta-Nehisi Coates, Ava DuVernay, Janet Mock
- Tues., Oct. 31, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Immigrant Nation” with Scarlett Johansson, Paul Rudd and John Turturro
- Tues., Nov. 7, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Black Like Me” with Bryant Gumbel, Tonya Lewis-Lee and Suzanne Malveaux
- Tues., Nov. 14, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Children of the Revolution” with Lupita Nyong’o, Carmelo Anthony and Ana Navarro
- Tues., Nov. 21, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Relatives We Never Knew We Had” with Tea Leoni and Gaby Hoffmann
- Tues., Nov. 28, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “The Stories We Tell” with Donna Brazile, Ty Burrell and Kara Walker (encore broadcast from Season Three)
- Tues., Dec. 5, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Family Reunions” with Sean Combs and LL Cool J (encore broadcast from Season Three)
- Tues., Dec. 5, 2017, 9 p.m. ET: “Tragedy + Time = Comedy” with Jimmy Kimmel, Norman Lear and Bill Hader (encore broadcast from Season Three)
- Tues., Dec. 12, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Southern Roots” with Questlove, Dr. Phil and Charlayne Hunter-Gault
- Tues., Dec. 19, 2017, 8 p.m. ET: “Funny Business” with Garrison Keillor, Amy Schumer and Aziz Ansari
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.