Fall Sale – Save 30% on The Write Stuff: Telling the Story by Lisa Alzo
The Write Stuff: Telling the Story is a six-week online writing journey with genealogist and writing coach Lisa Alzo of Research, Write, Connect! Click HERE to register before October 31st, 2018, and save 30% off the regular price: Normally $149.00 USD, now just $99.00 USD! You must use coupon code fall18 at checkout to receive your discount!
Key Goals of The Write Stuff: Telling the Story
- Build Your Writing Skills: Learn writing skills and techniques to produce a quality personal or family history; build on the skills each week.
- Work at Your Own Pace: Work at your own pace. Complete small assignments to help boost your confidence and overcome your fears and anxiety about writing.
- Get Feedback: Receive constructive and helpful feedback to find your voice and improve with each assignment.
The Write Stuff: Telling the Story includes:
- Seven (7) instructional videos
- Five (5) assignments and assignment checklists
- Over a dozen (12) handouts, templates, and worksheets
- Writing samples
- Access to Private Facebook Group for group sharing and interaction
Here’s What You’ll Learn with The Write Stuff: Telling the Story
By taking The Write Stuff: Telling the Story, you will learn the key steps for producing a quality personal or family history narrative from outline to finished product. No matter what your level of expertise is, you will find success.
We’ll teach you how to jumpstart a writing project through goal-setting and “storyboarding” and how to build your writing skills, and your confidence as a writer. We’ll provide helpful tips, checklists, and worksheets to help keep you on track.
Through instructional videos, weekly assignments, and collaboration with other participants, you will dig deeper each week to engage the writer within. Finally, we’ll show you how to perfect the nonfiction writing techniques you can use to produce a “can’t put down” family history that will keep the pages turning for generations.
Here’s the breakdown week by week:
- Week 1 – Setting Writing Goals
- Week 2 – Plot, Plan, and Scheme: Storyboard Your Family History Project
- Week 3 – Tap into Family Treasures
- Week 4 – Character Development through Oral History and Profile
- Week 5 – Shaping Your Story Using Plot and Structure
What Family Historians Are Saying About The Write Stuff
- “Your Write Stuff Seminar empowered me to write my family history. Your gentle guidance and a supportive group helped me see that I am indeed a writer! I appreciated the weekly meetings, the prompts, and the opportunity to share my work with others. And I loved exploring the variety of forms one’s family history might take. You inspired me to express myself and in so doing leave a family legacy. Thank you Lisa.” – Kathy N.
- “Those who take The Write Stuff series will gain skills in writing their family history from the idea to completion. Lessons and assignments are in manageable segments; feedback is supportive. I completed a family booklet and, unexpectedly, a genealogical organization asked to reprint my work, thanks to the tools and guidance provided by the course.” – Melissa R.
- “Lisa Alzo’s Write Stuff introduced me to tools I had not used before which helped in every aspect of my writing projects. One of the projects I wrote during the course received the best response thus far from my blog readers and an excerpt of the story was selected to be displayed at RootsTech 2018 as part of the CONNECT-BELONG-FAMILY-HERITAGE Photo+Story Competition. In addition to improving my genealogy blogging, I found my writing to be more clearly focused and better structured. I would highly recommend Lisa’s courses for anyone looking to go beyond just dates and facts to tell the stories of their ancestors.” – Steve C.
- “‘The Write Stuff’ has boosted my confidence as a writer. Before I joined, I was really stuck on a project I’d been working on for over two years. I couldn’t decide on the best format to use or how to cite my many, many sources properly. Through the ‘Intensive’ I gained new skills and developed new habits which helped me break through my writer’s block. The weekly lessons kept me focused and motivated to keep working. Lisa was so helpful and responsive to my many questions. Being part of a community of fellow writers was a great experience!” – Deb H.
Special Offer: Save 30% on The Write Stuff
The weather is getting cooler and that means the holidays are not far away! If you are looking to create a story or photo book as a gift this season, you need to get started NOW and get The Write Stuff: Telling the Story! For more information visit https://www.genealogybargains.com/thewritestuff and remember to use promo code fall18 at checkout to save 30%! Sale valid through Wednesday, October 31st.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All content including images have been used by permission from each vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved